The Electric Vehicle Thread

Right, assumed it’s like with EVs where you can make it silent.
Always thought that there’s a legal thing there. Like with EVs you can turn the noise off, but it’s on every time you turn the car on.

Bag snatching bastards will love them

1 Like

Millions would die a day in Vietnam

Sure You can make the mmmmmmmrurututtt sound yourself

2 Likes

Brendan Graces finest moment

An easy fix

2 Likes

I’d imagine I’d be looking for a catapult if not a GPMG

A grand tune.

I saw a Tesla model X close up today. Unreal.
The sound system would shake Ibiza

Volkswagen is changing its name to Voltswagen

1 Like

How’s the eNiro going for you and how would it compare to the ioniq

1 Like

I’m very happy with the eNiro. They’re very similar cars in many ways and I loved the Ioniq, the only thing it was missing was a bigger boot and bigger range. Kias and Hyundais are essentially sister companies so the internals of the car are almost identical.

I haven’t had a huge opportunity to test my commute consistently like I did with Ioniq though for obvious reasons.

The bigger range is everything. You’ve far less to be concerned about, you rarely have to break up a journey to stop and charge. It makes a huge difference. We barely notice that it’s an electric. The charging infrastructure is also far better now. There’s fast chargers everywhere. Granted you’ve to pay for them now. Still much cheaper than petrol.

The only minor quibble I’ve had is with the entertainment system. It can be a bit weird with multiple Bluetooth users. I updated the whole thing myself (after I asked the Kia lads to do it during a service and they failed miserably) and it has been much better since then. Relatively easy to do.

2 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2021/0419/1210680-tesla-texas/

One for the Darwin awards

Born in ‘62 and ‘51. They’ve had ample time to contribute to the gene pool.

who’ll be the first TFK EV casualty?

Who are the early adopters?

@briantinnion