The Electric Vehicle Thread

Get the Solar PV panels in with the battery and charging point and youā€™ll be using the sun to power your car

1 Like

The power of the sun in the palm of your hand.

1 Like

Very light, peppy. Great pick up on her. No issues.

1 Like

What did you go for?

An EV mate.

2 Likes

Can you now sell power back into grid from the EV with a Dc connection cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

soon mate

1 Like

Signing out

Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

2 Likes

Tell us why, mate?

This is the post I wrote explaining why we went electric originally. The long and short of it is the circumstances that made an electric car work heavily in our favour arenā€™t there any more.

• I fully work from home so I drive a lot less.
  • Iā€™m never in the office to charge for free.
  • Public charging is now laughably expensive given the governmentā€™s EV adoption goals.
  • I donā€™t have a home charger at the moment as the house Iā€™m renting would need the electrics upgraded due to overly stringent rules around installing home chargers. This makes charging the EV a massive chore.
  • Iā€™ve a small child with associated luggage and paraphernalia

It doesnā€™t work for us. So we bought a 7 seater SUV. :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

Jaysus

Youā€™re saying theyā€™re a load of shite. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy would advise you to get a cargo bike instead.

No, Iā€™m saying they make sense in pretty specific scenarios that used to apply to us but no longer does.

Yep, load of fucking shite.

3 Likes

This is massive lads. I was considering an EV, but I reckon Iā€™ll buy a Land Cruiser instead now

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the death warrant of the EV signed by its 1st proponent here. I donā€™t give a fuck what the Green wankers/anti beef/tree planting mob respond with Iā€™m not gonna buy it.

@cluaindiuic is in the top 3 of rational, sensible, erudite posters here, Iā€™m convinced heā€™s right.

3 Likes

Be some Craic if @Fagan_ODowd has jacked it in too

Nah Iā€™m still in but I have the same car all the time. Not changing it.

1 Like

Neā€™er an issue?

None at all.

1 Like