The Electric Vehicle Thread

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

@Billy.the.Bounce , its a link to a tweet, there wasnt any research involved

2 Likes

I’m shagged so
Left at Inter cert🙄

Before they threw me out

Is that the BYD? They launched the Atto here a couple of months back, in around mid €30s i think. They have another one they are bringing here too, the Dolphin i think its called thats a hatchback so should be a good bit cheaper. The worlds largest manufacturer of EVs, so they should know a bit about them. Whilst they spy on you.

1 Like

That’s the crowd.

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/motors/2023/0626/1391167-chinese-brand-byd-on-course-for-25-000-electric-car-in-ireland/

Had never heard of them.

1 Like

Yeah i had never heard of them either. A good few of the Attos sold already. Apparently a decent, if a bit bland, car too. Although the “BUILDYOURDREAM” plastered on the rear wouldn’t be my taste either.

EV batteries: Facts
1 New battery designs already cut future cobalt needs 50% in just 5 years
2 Nickel-free LFP batteries now being used in 40% of electric vehicles - up from 7% in 2019
3 By 2040, most lithium used in new batteries will be from recycling

Assaad?

1 Like

yes, my hero

Are they the crowd linked in another thread with thousands of electric cars left to rot in a massive field?

i think at this stage people trying to delay a response to climate change such as @Mac are way worse than deniers

So you’re in favour of making thousands of electric cars to falsify usage figures and leave them to rot away never to be used? Interesting approach

1 Like

“so, what you’re actually saying is…”

sigh

The eco warriors will use any stat they can to justify the EV nonsense. Even when totally out of context.

Luddite

1 Like

That fire on the ship near Holland too, all the initial talk was about the 500 EVs on board and they were the cause/problem. turns out, all of them got out of the fire unscathed.

that incident in Newbridge was interesting to see online with so many automatically blaming an EV.

1 Like

So Solar PV experts…will be live next week.

I have a smart meter in my house but not on a smart meter plan. I am told to avoid signing up to one of these as there is no getting off them in the future…

So a few Q

1. If I don’t have a smart meter plan do I still get paid for the electricity generated that I export back to the grid?

2. If yes is it a fixed rate ie deemed export or do I get paid for the volume I export

I don’t have a smart meter plan. I get paid back by the unit what I export. I pay about 40c per kWHr to import and they pay me 21c for what I export.
I think they’re obliged to pay you for what you export

2 Likes

Who are they?