The England junior thread

Did Ireland not ā€œbottleā€ its own independence by accepting a settlement that divided the island.

1 Like

Did we get to have a referendum on independence for the whole island? I must have missed that day in history class

1 Like

I can only speak for myself but Iā€™m a big believer and supporter of the union of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The Scotland question was settled anyway decisively back in 2014. We canā€™t be having referendums every couple of years once the SNP are throwing the toys out of the pram.

Iā€™d be delighted for themā€¦but even more delighted for the loyalist ulster Scots.

2 Likes

They had a vote in the Dail from elected reps.

1 Like

If there had been a referendum prior to the 1916 rising, the results would have been interesting. The nearest we have is a fairly broad opinion poll in the republic relatively recently which voted against reunification on financial grounds. It was surprising, disgusting, and discussed here at length.

What about the election of 18?

1 Like

Hard to tell really how much of the SF vote was pro republic, and how much anti FFG.

:grinning:

You did a funny.

My aim is to inform, entertain, and wind up some of the Limerick lads and most of the FFG establishment stooges in equal measure.

You were still right but swap in IPP instead of FFG.

They seem a pleasant couple tbh.

Cracker of a tweet

The Supreme Court have fucked Scotland.

They had their chance

They had and theyā€™ll have to wait until the SNP hold the balance of power to have another one.

1 Like

George should be on TFK.

Shur didnt they fuck William Wallace in that movie as well.

Hereā€™s a Scottish related question. In England, Wales, if you ask for a whiskey, will you be served Scotch usually, or would there be Irish whiskey available as well? I assume, in Scotland, you almost never be offered anything other than a Scottish brand unless you ask for Irish etc?