The English Premier League 2016/17™

He’ll do what he’s fucking told. Sturridge has failed at City and Chelsea already. Won’t look good for him to be moved on by another big club.

Don’t mind that rascal, he doesn’t for a second beleived Liverpool are equal to Chelsea squad wise. He’s a gas man.

We’ll see but a 15 minute run every week is going to take its toll

How exactly do you expect Klopp to have had a massive impact on Sturridge when he’s been injured most of the time? Costa has already been the focal point for teams who have won La Liga and the Premier League in the past few years

2 Likes

He spent most of last season pretending he was injured. No surprise that Klopp doesn’t see him as the first choice.

Well Klopp seems to think Sturridge is not really injured, so I guess there’s your answer.

And it’s not that long ago when Sturridge was hitting 20 league goals in a season. They have a very similar goals to games ratio too.

Costa has a much better all round game than Sturridge. Even if Sturridge was fit all the time, he wouldn’t be able to do what Costa does for Chelsea. Sturridge is a very talented lad who floats around occasionally doing brilliant things but doesn’t have the physicality of Diego Costa or the ability to bring others into the game

:joy:

How much is Mouriniho getting paid?

About 16m I think

Maybe he does.

Costa is thriving though.

Sturridge is flounderinf.

Both saw themselves at the centre of criticism last campaign.

How’s he doing in the league?

Because Costa is a way better player

13 points off the top in 6th place

And what was his net spend?

About 200m

Klopp is doing some job so to be above United

Maybe Conte is a way better manager.

The 14 players that Chelsea used against Crystal Palace cost about £297 million in transfer fees. The 14 players that Liverpool used against Everton tonight cost about £205 million.

CHELSEA
Courtois - £9m
Azpilicueta -£7m
David Luiz - £30
Cahill - £7m
Moses - £7m
Kanté -£30m
Matic - £21m
Alonso - £23m
Willian - £30m
Costa - £32m
Hazard - £32m
Subs: Fabregas £27m
Batshuayi - £33m
Ivanovic - £9m

LIVERPOOL
Mignolet - £9m
Clyne - £10m
Lovren - £20,
Klavan - £4m
Milner - Free
Lallana - £25m
Henderson - £16m
Wijnaldum - £23m
Mané - £30m
Origi - £10m
Firmino - £21m
Subs: Can - £10m
Lucas - £5m
Sturridge - £12m

In terms of weekly wages, top earners at both clubs:

CHELSEA
Hazard - £200k
Costa - £185k
Fabregas - £156k
Courtois - £120k
Luiz - £120k
Kante - £110k
Willian - £110k
Matic - £90k
Cahill - £85k

LIVERPOOL
Sturridge - £120k
Henderson - £100k
Mane - £90k
Wijnaldum - £90k
Coutinho - £75k
Clyne - £70k
Lovren - £65k
Mignolet - £60k

2 Likes

Considering the respective quality of the two squads I would say they are around equal. I would rate Klopp’s achievements before joining Liverpool a small bit ahead of Conte’s before joining Chelsea