The English Premier League 2016/17™

Fucking benteke.

Signing back in.

Wasn’t Benteke good/very good for around 2 seasons before he joined Liverpool? He seems to strut around doing fuck all these days.

Palace are way too good to be down near the bottom of the table. Fat Sam will have them about 10th by the end of the season I’d say

Everytime Zaha gets the ball he is fouled.

Benteke was good for villa for a season or 2 but since then has been shit. It was a shit penalty as well.

How was Gomes not sent off?

I didn’t see the pelanty incident. What happened?

They changed the law / rule this season. It’s not an automatic red if you make a genuine attempt to play the ball but commit a foul inside the box. A penalty and a red was considered a harsh double punishment for a genuine challenge. It should still be a red if it’s cynical or reckless though.

He had streaky patches in those two years though. He’s a streaky player, capable of going on hot patches where he looks like a top player but doesn’t have the mentality to maintain it, very much like Lukaku.

2 Likes

The ball was being overran in fairness, it should have been a yellow.

I was actually thinking of that same comparison when I was posting about Benteke. They both look lazy and uninterested when the goals dry up.

It was a very good touch from Benteke but Gomes kick out was reckless and would have missed the ball by miles.

It’s seems indicative of the current Belgian strikers.

That lad Chelsea paid a lot for in the summer looks like he is cut from the same cloth, they have attitude problems - when they’re focused and all that they can be very hard to handle, that’s not often enough though. I’d say that Belgian dressing room must be poison.

1 Like

He needs Tiger Tim Sherwood to bring out the best in him.

Tiger Tim is great at bringing out the best in talented but underperforming centre forwards of African heritage.

2 Likes

1 Like

That guy Delaney is an idiot.

Penalty to Watford.

Cork idiot.

Soft?

Hon Troy :clap:

Deeney seems an alright sort.

1 Like

Delaney is some donkey. Thank God he wasn’t ever a big part of the Ireland set up

3 Likes

He’s been hanging out of that Prodl chap at every set piece. An accident waiting to happen.