The English Premier League 2016/17™

10/1

Charge…

Draw is still available at 14/1 or thereabouts. Well worth a modest flutter. Chelsea have been very ordinary here. Its the type of performance that wouldn’t inspire confidence ahead of their tricky next two games, away to Liverpool and at home to never say die Woolwich.

Liverpool will batter Chelsea on January 31st.

We’re still winning though without any major scares of yet.

Red Rover

A very impressive business like performance from our boys,

We go 8 clear.

1 Like

Title race is over a while now.

That’s a lovely coat Marco Silva is wearing. I have one like that myself.

Lot of tough games still to come. Trip to Liverpool next and trips to awkward places like Man U, Everton, Burnley, Bournemouth, West Ham, Stoke and West Brom still to come as well. On the evidence of what I’ve seen of Chelsea this season, I wouldn’t be backing them to win too many of those. Woolwich and Man City will both fancy their chances of picking up at least a point at Stamford Bridge.

On the evidence of 14 out of 15 wins, you should be backing them to win a lot of those.

Why are you so anti-logic?

1 Like

What odds are Chelsea to win the Title by 10 + points? Seems very much a good chance of happening.

Chelsea are flat track bullies. They were completely out classed in 3 of the 4 games they’ve had against Top 4 sides and in the fourth game an injury ravaged Spurs gave them plenty of it at Stamford Bridge. Don’t think they’ll necessarily lose too many of those away games I referenced, but they’ll do well to win them.

Unfortunately no league trophies are handed out for mini-leagues between the top teams.

More anti-logic from you.

1 Like

I think Chelsea will lose to both Liverpool and Arsenal.

For once the run of fixtures works slightly to their disadvantage - the Liverpool game is on the Tuesday night and the Arsenal game is an early kick off the following Saturday.

Arsenal have what should be a relatively straightforward home game against Watford on the Tuesday, which, especially if they can kill off the game by the 60 minute mark or so, should leave them a bit fresher than Chelsea who will be tired after their exertions up at Anfield.

I never said there was, but a league season lasts 38 games, not 22. The 13 game winning streak you reference featured games against all 6 of the current bottom 6 and home games against Stoke, West Brom, Bournemouth, Everton and in injury ravaged Spurs which you would expect Chelsea to win. The win at Manchester City after initially riding their luck in the first half was the standout win in that sequence.

The remaining 16 games for Chelsea is on the whole a lot more difficult than their last 16 games - the 13 game winning sequence you mentioned, the loss at Spurs, the win at relegation threatened Leicester and second from bottom Hull at home today.

Liverpool will have to play the kids against Wolves.

Prediction
1.Chelsea,
2.Arsenal,
3.Scum
4.Spurs,
5.City,
6. Liverpool

That injury ravaged Spurs reference you keep making sounds like an excuse to me.

I think you are desperately clutching at straws here. You told us Conte was being found out in a serious footballing environment 6 games into the season, he is now 8 clear at the top. He would have came to England hearing all these cliches and testimonials about the toughest league in the world etc but so far he has found it every bit as easy as he did at Juventus.

I think we will have the league won in April.

West Ham have done well over the last couple of games but you predicting them to finish third is rather ridiculous.