The English Premier League 2016/17™

They won’t be losing him, Costa had to go off today and Hazard regularly gets lumps kicked out of them.

Quit with the poor mouthing mate, you’re embarrassing yourself.

1 Like

I’m not poor mouthing in the slightest. All I said was that Chelsea have a far superior squad to Liverpool, which they do. Liverpool are vastly over achieving.

Have you see Ivanovic play lately? Oscar and Fabregas are not really Conte type of players - he likes hard running aggressive midfielders and if reports are to be believed then both of these guys are for the exit door. Terry is 36 now and this will probably be his last season. You seem intent on telling us that Chelsea are on another level to Liverpool in talent terms when it’s not the case.

Chalbolah has no real experience at this level and is ahead of Oscar at the minute, Azpilicueta is a full back playing in defence, it’s not an ideal situation yet - Conte still has a lot of rejigging to do.

They are basically getting Olympic stadium for free. The rent they are paying wouldn’t cover the costs of running a normal stadium not to mind a 90,000 seater. They need to get their shit together on the pitch though

So all their match day costs are factored into their lease payments?

Bizarre.

Chelsea, on paper, have a far, far greater first 11 and squad compared to Liverpool.

I can’t throw them up here on the phone, but you can’t even compare the two… I really don’t see what you’re arguing against here. All I’m doing is complimenting Chelsea’s fantastic squad…

1 Like

Great to see the SAS back together on MOTD :+1:

1 Like

West Ham are awful. Real chance of getting relegated.

Slavan Bilic is a bluffer

You are poor mouthing Liverpool. I know you don’t really believe what you are saying.

There’s not a great deal of difference between the two squads. Chelsea have two world class players in Costa and Hazard and that’s pretty much the difference between the sides. Chelsea’s fantastic squad includes big name players who the manager does not fancy and then taking players like Moses (a Liverpool and West Ham misfit) and making him a key player.

The players you list include Ivanovic and Terry who are well in their 30s now and past their best. Oscar who does not fit into the system being played, Begovic a keeper who has been error strewn when he has played for Chelsea, Chalobah a young lad who has played a handful of Premier League games and Batshuayi a big money signing who has is unproven in the EPL.

When they have a few injuries it’s guys like Loftus Cheek, Aina and Solanke who are stepping onto the bench.

You are painting a big picture of disparity which is not real.

1 Like

Sounds sensible enough

In an unfamiliar position in a back three I should have added.

Courtois, Cahill, Kante, Hazard, Costa are all top players and the spine of the team.

Liverpool have Karius, Lovren, Henderson, Coutinho (out for 3 months) Mane.

As I said, Liverpool are vastly over achieving.

They’d all get a game for Liverpool bar Vicky Moses. He can fuck off

How do you get rid of a manager past his sell by date? Down tools. That’s what the Chelsea boys did last season. Conte has an easy job - getting the fellas who cantered to a league two years ago to beat rubbish sides all round them

They’re not though. When Liverpool have a fully fit squad they can have Brazilian, Dutch, German, English and Belgian internationals sitting on the bench. Your downplaying of their resources is embarrassing. They are not overachieving, they have one of the most expensively assembled teams in the league and one of the highest paid managers in the league managing them.

1 Like

Would many teams in the EPL have spent more on what is broadly speaking their first choice starting XI than Chelsea?

City, Arsenal and United are in that ball park as are Liverpool.

They haven’t been able to land a first choice target in years and have had to pay over the odds for average players… But considering Utd and City have spent double what Liverpool have and Chelsea and Arsenal have both spent 100-150m more than them, Liverpool are indeed over achieving. I hope they can maintain it but it’s highly unlikely.

Chelsea missed out on Koulibaly, Romagnoli and Bonucci this summer so had to settle for the fourth option in Luiz.

They missed out on Rodriguez and Hector so they had to settle for Alonso - who they paid over the odds for I think you will agree, decent player but not worth £25m.

Every EPL club gets ripped off, you are making your excuses early for Liverpool. They definitely should be challenging for the title this season, their squad is in the same ballpark as the other top 4 sides. Your poor mouthing is pathetic.