The English Premier League 2016/17™

True, we can’t help but feel sorry for him though.

What did he say originally? He’s edited it now.

You have hopped from Billy to Jack and back again in order to try and run away from your incorrect summation of Conte.

Leagues are about accumulating the most points. It doesn’t matter who you beat to get those points you just need to put them on the board. Conte has his side in a strong position after those opening 9 games and what’s more is they are picking up form and adjusting to his preferred system.

You’re not entirely impressed by his record? Conte earned his stripes in the lower divisions like managers should. He earned his right to manage Juve and brought them from two successive 7th place finishes to three titles in a row. Juve were a mess before Conte took over.

The three convincing wins have been 9 points on the board and a goal difference of +9. I think you struggle to understand how leagues work and more importantly how they’re won - maybe that’s why you don’t rate Conte - you don’t understand how leagues are won.

Big stick, viciously grabbing. Just an arrogant bore who catches himself out with his misplaced pedantry.

He referred to a species of bird… :grinning:

That’s what I thought. His auto correct excuse was even more embarrassing. The guy is a total fuckwit.

1 Like

You pilloried Kev for refusing to admit when he was wrong and yet here you stand, doing the exact same. Unbending. No, no, NO! Ian Paisley but in a smellier shirt. It’s time you changed tack* pal.

*it’s a sailing phrase btw.

1 Like

You are obsessed with me. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9uHhLe6WE0

1 Like

He was badly exposed there.
TFK is senior hurling, he’s barely Junior B.

You let your emotion cloud your judgement when it comes to Italian football. The Italian league is muck. Its like Greece or Scotland, the same side - Juventus - winning it practically every year. That’s the way its been pretty much since the second world war, bar a Helenio Herrera or a Sachi/Capello coming along or when Juventus are rehabilitating from their latest round of match fixing. Conte is in a big league now for the first time and he’s an unproven rookie.

I’m well aware as to how a league works, but thanks for the explanation. Invariably what leagues do boil down to though are how you fare against the top teams, as over the course of a season, the top 4 or 5 sides will generally have commensurate point tallies against the cannon fodder. The result of Conte’s Chelsea against the only two contenders they’ve faced so far Woolwich and Liverpool are not encouraging on that front.

You’re clearly very excited about Conte recording wins over Leicester and Hull, so fair enough, i’ll try not to rain on your parade too much on that one. It should be pointed though that Liverpool have also achieved the feat of beating Leicester and Hull and boosted their goal difference by 7 in the process. Man U have even managed to beat both Hull and Leicester and boosted their goal difference by 4 in the process.

Invariably leagues boil down to how many points you accumulate - not which teams you beat. You are displaying a complete ignorance to how leagues actually work.

You are also displaying a complete ignorance to the fact Juve had two successive 7th places finishes before Conte arrived, were without a Series A title in 6 years and had changed coach at least 5 times in that period.

Like running a marathon you are shitting yourself at the sight of the relevant facts put in front of you.

Always a sure sign of an argument lost when all you can do is resort to playing the man and not the ball. I’m well aware of what running a marathon entails, I’ve ran 11 of them, all sub 4 hours.

Italy is a mickey mouse league. Juventus were in transition for a few years after relegation after match fixing. As the arch establishment side, they were going to be back on the top of the pile within a few years. Conte is in the big league now and a much different skill set is required.

As I said, you get too emotionally involved when it comes to assessing the objective merits of personnel/teams that you support. Its marvellous that you still have such childlike utter belief in all your various causes and can see no weaknesses, even if cold reality and analysis tells a different tale. Its a bit like your championing of the Ulster sides in the 2016 All Ireland Football Championship. Once they got out of Ulster, between the 9 of them, the could only record one solitary victory against non-Division 4, non-Ulster opposition and variously exited the championship to the likes of Limerick, Laois, Tipperary and Longford.

6 Likes

Ooooooft

1 Like

Plenty of irrelevant facts there Geoff. Seeing as you like to put emphasis on head to heads between the top teams and you also like to label Series A a Mickey Mouse league - can you square that off with why Series A sides have a superior head to head with English sides in recent years?

The stateless one has taken an unbelievable shellacking here.

That’s quite a volte face in the space of a few hours. You’re all over the place here.

To paraphrase the greatest manager who ever lived in any sport.

Will someone please pick nembo off the floor.

Shit the togs needs a nappy change.

@Nembo_Kid remember that story I told you about kneeing my uncle in the balls? I think you’ve just been kneed in the balls chief