The English Premier League 2016/17™

I’m not usually one to defend @Nembo_Kid but I don’t see how he’s taken a beating here. @GeoffreyBoycott is ignoring the fact that Juventus were shit before he became manager and that he led an incredibly limited Italy team to being one of the best teams in Europe

Oh no, you didn’t…
Fuck.

1 Like

3 Likes

http://tfk.thefreekick.com/t/epl-2016-2017/22590/173?u=myboyblue

You’ve a lovely way of paraphrasing.

I dunno what happened to my post

You’re possibly confusing the European Championships of 2012 and 2016. Italy were finalists in 2012 but it was Cesare Prendelli at the helm. In 2016 under Conte, Italy were eliminated in the quarter finals, the same stage of the tournament as Iceland and Poland. Wales in their first European finals advanced a round further.

Nembo looks at the river, the river looks at nembo

Just catching up with highlights from yesterday… As I stated months ago, Pogba is a fraud… The last goal and he strolling around the park… Whatever about the 89m price tag, he’s on over 200k a week…he should be kicked repeatedly in the balls.

1 Like

Phil Neville here on MOTD2… Saying UTD were fantastic against Liverpool :laughing: … How the mighty have fallen.

Mourhino will be gone by Christmas

How much will he walk away with?

Absolutely incorrect.

I have merely pointed towards the spiders web of contradiction you have entangled yourself in, all of your own accord.

You have stated the following:

• Head to head records between the top teams are an important judgement criteria.
  • Records in European football are an important judgement criteria

You then stated that Conte’s record in Serie A should be dismissed because it is a mickey mouse league yet Italian clubs enjoy a superior head to head record against English teams in the past few years of European football.

So, at the second time of asking, can you square your contradictions off for me?

2 Likes

He has the face for radio does Phil, but not the voice, wit or charisma sadly.

The upper echelons of the football fraternity have belatedly realised that Manchester is a shithole, and now that manyoo are sliding, they won’t tolerate the climate and scrotiness. It’s a vicious circle of decline.
Hopefully.

1 Like

That’s your interpretation of what I have said.

To the best of my recollection, over the last few years, Italian and English clubs have crossed swords as follows

2013-14 Woolwich and Napoli were in the same group. Both won their home game 2-0. Woolwich advanced to the last 16 from the group, Napoli finished 3rd and were eliminated - Advantage Woolwich

2014-15 Manchester City and Roma were in same group. A 1-1 draw in Manchester was followed by a 2-0 Manchester City win in Rome - Manchester City advance from group to last 16, Roma finished 3rd and were eliminated - Advantage Manchester City

2015-16 Manchester City and Juventus were in the same group - Juventus win by the odd goal home and away but finish second in the group behind Manchester City - Juventus are knocked out in the last 16 by Bayern Munich, while Manchester City make the semi finals

2016-17 Don’t believe there’s any English v Italian group match ups.

Waffle & has absolutely no bearing on Conte’s future in England.

Claudio Ranieri didn’t have such a good time of it in his years before Leicester, but he was able to do alright in England.

This Premier League management being difficult for Italians lark isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

I didn’t have to make any inference, I just relayed statements you have made and how they are at odds with the narrative you are trying to reach…unless of course you are now denying making those statements?

That records suggests (not including the Europa League):

Italy - P 6 W3 D1 L2
England - P6 W2 D1 L3

Advantage Italy

That’s just putting your criteria to test, it seems to be a formulaic malfunction on your behalf as the equation you have does not give us the answer you are trying to put forward.

Best start working backwards, Geoff.

We have three different Italian winning EPL coaches in Ranieri, Ancelotti and Mancini.

To my knowledge, the other winners by nationality are:

Scotland 2 - Dalglish and Ferguson
Portugal 1 - Mourinho
Chile 1 - Pellegrini
France 1 - Wenger

Dalglish?