The Favourite Provincial Stadium Thread

Kevin Nowlan played full back for Ireland the day New Zealand trampled all over them in Lansdowne Road in 1997. Keith Wood got two early tries. It was the same day Belgium beat Ireland in the play-off in Brussels.

If I recall correctly it was pronounced Now-lan rather than Know-lan.

This strikes me like Fine Gael trying to attract the hipster vote

Wexford Park is being lined up to host at least 1 game. Probably the reason why the county board are eager to get seats on the openside. I think the stand is completed now with seats.

1 Like

It’s a fine stand tbf. Great views from it.

Yer putting in seats in a rush for 3 weeks?

Great ground and in an ideal location: beside the train station and plenty of places for food and drink within a stones throw.

2 Likes

Rather than up a hill, windy, and cold as fuck.

The coldest ground in the country would be the Fraher Field I reckon. It’s always Baltic. The stand gets very little sun at the best of times. It’s like an ice box sitting there watching a game. Seems to be always a wind that would skin you.

1 Like

Hopefully the Blue Army diehards won’t have their matchday experience ruined by having to get up and down constantly to let Hugo and Ruadhán out of their seats to get out-of-date bags of Malteasers and bottles of Club Orange from the siopa behind the stand.

This trip will be to convert more mucksavagee to the 12 county army - the goys wont make the trip

The goys would be getting nosebleeds the obsolute moment they hit the for side of the M50.

1 Like

No sale for outside the Pale gouys!

The Leinster crowd will be *giving out because the season ticket demographic will not be catered for in their area.

*are giving out already.

Fuck Leinster rugby. Let them play their games in Donnybrook.

Typical of the rugby crowd boasting how great they are being No1 at everything oblivious to the fact they play their games in a showjumping arena. Yet they have to go cap to the GAA expecting to get what they want.

11 Likes

I’m not sure its a negative that they haven’t broken themselves building stadiums they don’t really need the gaa seem intent on doing.

I’m fairly sure both Munster and Ulster needed some financial assistance/bailouts with their white elephants. Munster are gas then demanding to get SVPUC for big games. Connaught play out of a greyhound track. In fairness to the IRFU they did a good job with the financial/ownership side of the AVIVA over the FAI.

Munster aren’t demanding anything for big games.

The gaa have a bunch of concrete jungles built that are largely shit holes and the couple of new ones they built they can’t afford.

It’s a blessing the likes of Munster are willing to play in puc once or twice a season to help pay for it or the gaa would be screwed.

Leinster have a fine set up in the rds and the Aviva when needed.

The only reason they can’t sue the Aviva this time is because the fai are broke and need the money.

Why cant Leinster just play in the RDS when the AVIVA is out of action?

A rule for the Heineken cup semi finals you can’t play in your home stadium.

Munster can’t play in Thomond but could play in cork or the Gaelic grounds.

A showjumping arena they dont even own.