The Fitbit Thread

Strava does it for free

No I mean one of those wrist things so I wouldn’t have to bring the phone?

1 Like

You’d be looking at about 100 quid for a cheap one that will upload to Strava or whatever afterwards, the little garmin vivisport bracelets are excellent and everything goes automatically to Garmin connect which gives you great data

If you’re running strava or mapmyrun off a phone you can’t rely on the gps, you’ll end up doing some 3 minute miles and barely out of breath

1 Like

I was wondering why I was doing a Roger bannister on it. Would the wrist thingies be more accurate so? Any links to a decent one around the 100 mark?

Just an instant google got this, it comes in different colors and sizes, I had this before the Apple Watch and would go back to it in a heartbeat, great little yoke, you’ll get this for around 100,

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/garmin-vivosport-smart-activity-tracker-with-wrist-based-heart-rate-and-gps-fuchiasmall/1600404467.prd?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgYqL_8yP6QIVTbDtCh2nkg8qEAUYAiABEgLpyPD_BwE#sku=sku21903674?cm_mmc=Google--Generic--WG±+Seasonal±+Smart+Shopping±+Leisure+&+Travel±+2-_-Seasonal

Good man thanks a million. When youre genuinely clueless on something I’d much rather a personal recommendation than a Google

1 Like

Made the switch from TomTom (grand but flimsy wristbands) to Garmin over a year ago and have been very impressed. Have a Vivoactive 3. Lots of little features like building your own Workouts that make it a top, top watch.

I got a present of a Fitbit versa. It’s not the simplest process in the world but you can download music onto it, so I don’t have to take the phone for a jog anymore. Game changer.

@backinatracksuit would you say the phone GPS is very unreliable? I went for my first jog with the watch the other day and was a few minutes faster covering the distance than usual without trying particularly harder

Garmin for the lads , fitbit for the girls ,and an auld tessy who is looking to drop a few pounds

The phone GPS is fine usually but you can’t rely on it, I found that it usually gives you quicker times, I still see it with people I follow, here’s one from a few days ago
This guy usually runs about 6 minutes per kilometre,

If you want to track your progress seriously at all you need a watch,

+1 to this. They’re a great bit of kit. I’d still be using mine apart from some cheap Fitbits came available.

2 Likes

Cheaper on the Garmin site for anyone interested

4 Likes

I got a Fitbit versa 2 for my powerwalks and ass and abs classes

Cheers - far cheaper than a lot of other sites. Just pulled the trigger on it.

1 Like

I read that as the German site first and couldn’t figure how to get off the irish one.

Just bought one there too shur they’re giving them away. Thanks bud

1 Like

I have also pulled the trigger for myself and a sneaky present for mrs j. She has just started back running again. Ta crutches.

Are garmin linked with Spotify now?

That’s some deal. I don’t really need one (have a Garmin multisport that I use for running, but
)

We’re gone crazy on the viviosport, hope it we irks out for you all, it’s a functional watch, nothing too fancy for while you’re running but Garmin connect or strava does all that afterwards, you can’t go wrong at that price, it’s brilliant deal, tidy as well but the screen is plenty big to see while you’re running, you can pause and play music and keep the phone in your belt if you have one, a day cent piece of equipment for the price

I’ve gone for that as well. Thanks mate