The GAA Championship National Anthem Monitoring Commission

It’s quite a jaunty version alright. I certainly enjoyed it last night.

Reminded me of My Lovely Horse for some reason.

Conor O’Mahony should get a 3-month ban for stretching, jumping up and down on the spot and then picking at his studs during the national anthem. Disgraceful disrespect.

Would be nice for the Ulster championship to produce a good version today for a change.

Some wan butchered it in Killarney yesterday too.

Bizarre overexaggerated dragging out of the penultimate line there.

More teams who refuse to stand to attention until the anthem is completed. Fines please, Croke Park.

It sounded like the old rte midnight anthem

Not a bad effort, a bit like limerick but fell at the last line

The National Anthem had to be abandoned in the DLS Thurles Sars game.

Disgraceful stuff from Cork folk there. Must be some Cork national independence protesting afoot given that level of disrespect.

Shocking effort in Parky Ring there. One lad was hitting a wooden box with his fingers ffs sake.

At the Lancashire football final a few years back, a piper was hired to butcher (as they always do) the anthem. Unfortunately this particular piper turned out to be Scottish, and didn’t know the tune enough even to butcher it. The problem was solved for the parade of players by a member of the county board driving his jeep into the middle of the pitch, opening the doors and playing it over the car stereo as loud as he could. It was in the era of the Celtic tiger so it may have been apt that the teams payed homage to a 4x4 , marching around it in formation.

A beautiful rendition of Amhrán na bhFiann by Sarah McErlaine in Celtic Park, Derry, ahead of the home side’s clash with Armagh. :clap:

The Ulster counties always have some bird singing it - same in Armagh for the Wexford match a couple of weeks ago.

There was a lovely bit of trumpet playing during that recorded version of the anthem. I never heard it before but It was reminiscent of something from a Beatles track…

Fantastic (recorded) version of the anthem today. Like 2 Many DJ’s or someone got their mitts on it.

Hearty rendition from the ladies in Salthill today. The last couple of lines were drowned out though.

Christ almighty that offering in Limerick was the worst I’ve ever heard.

I agree, worst yet.
The music and singing were in different keys.
And the singing was mediocre at best.

Superb rendition today in O’Connor Park by a guy called Joe Maher, a young lad who plays football for Offaly according to the stadium announcer. Best I’ve heard in years at a GAA match

that truly was a horrendous rendition of the national anthem at the limerick-tipp game today

I have uncovered the full truth behind what happened at Wexford Park last night. The microphone was passed to Pat O’Callaghan of Taghmon-Camross GAA Club (Wexford Scór Singing champion) to sing Amhrán na bhFiann. Pat, however, didn’t turn the microphone on but started singing away to himself. There was general silence around the ground for around 30 seconds and most people presumed it was to mark the death of a recently deceased gael or something (especially as the PA system is so shit in Wexford Park and you can barely hear announcements). Anyway, somebody got Pat’s attention and told him to switch the thing on so he went back and started again. His rendition was rather downbeat with a slow tempo and I didn’t enjoy it. I wonder was it a particularly weak renewal of the Scór Singing competition in Wexford this year.