The GAA Infrastructure Thread

This will be some asset to the GAA :clap:

Ideally located too, another massive boost to the association in Dublin. And shur if some Clubs from West Cork or North Donegal want to use it, its only a short auld trip for them.

1 Like

The should have built it beside that massive Chinese Investment campus in Athlone.

I’d have no skin in the game meself, but this would have been an ideal spot for it.

Surely we are reaching peak service station?
If that goes ahead it will kill the midway (maybe that’s already dead?)

The Midway was always an odd one, a motorway rest area, that doesn’t have petrol pumps. It does surprisingly well though, always a crowd there. I wonder would McDonagh pull Supermacs out of J14 if this goes ahead?

What a horrible place that Midway is.

A cunt of a spot.

Roof will have to be fairly high if Limerick are to get any use out of it.

1 Like

Eh, thats the jewel of Laois you’re talking about there, pal.

I thought that was the toll booth? Most visited attraction in Laois by some distance.

1 Like

I think you mean the Plaza, shur no one goes into the booth.

The midway is the ideal location for sales meetings. It’s very central and can be accessed from all locations. If the J17 gets the go ahead, I can’t see the midway suffering that much.

There’s a place masquerading as the chicken hut in midway. Worst Chicken I’ve ever eaten in my life, but I suppose that’s my own fault really.

I ended up waiting the bones for 45 minutes there for chips late one Sunday night.
Horrible experience.

It’s fucking desperate. We normally have our meetings in the hotel though and they throw in a car vary. Hit and miss too though.

You should have seen it during World War II. It was hell on earth.

Motorway service stations are soulless depressing kips . The good is bland and poor .

Like ITV.

The Ivy is coming to Dublin to service the needs of the Dublin business person. Here we have though a bunch of swamp donkeys getting excited over a Motorway services stop with a Super Macs and talking of closing deals while eating carverys.

Keep us posted.