The GAA Infrastructure Thread

Hough end has never been the same since the council banned burning the lines with diesel.

Fuck it will turn people more than the promise of pints. Imagine watching a match not on a screen.

People care more about the pubs being closed than the gaa leagues not going ahead.

Not one person on here has noted they are missing the league games until I pointed it out.

2 Likes

I say there are plenty on here missing league games but everyone know the reality. There are more important things to moan about than league games, like travelling to see family and friends without the risk of repercussions from the police state and planning a normal life. League games will come with these things first

Lads have spent a lot of time moaning about the pubs being closed but none about the league games

That’s just wrong on so many levels. After over a year of this shit, people are just tired. That along with the fact that the government has been backed into a corner by nphet. The result being that it will happen when nphet says it will happen and your normal Joe soap now realises that theres just no point in lobbying, protesting, whatever you want to call it. You got two choices now kid. You can throw your cards on the table and fold or hold on to them a while longer and play them as you need to.

That’s cos they got a meaningful championship during the winter

2 Likes

Nearly 5k posts on the pubs opening page yet no poster has mentioned missing the league games in the past four months or so.

Theres probably a few lads here who haven’t rode the wife in months either due to the kids being around 24/7 but dont post about it

Do we need a thread about “things we miss but don’t feel the need to bitch about”?

Why would anyone miss league games? They’re shite

1 Like

Probably.

Can we get someone to set it up? @Lazarus ?

Course they are but its still a bit of a day out and a chance to shake off the cobwebs after the Christmas

80% of the counties miss them, they’re their own meaningful competiton.

2 Likes

I’d love an auld league game now. I had some fine buns a few years ago under the shtand in Bord na Móna O’Connor Park at half time during a league game. Fine buns. That was peak league.

@mickee321 - the bogball mentality summed up - #notrealfans

Nowlan Park graded as the best GAA ground in the country in today’s Indo. Wexford Park makes the top half with the Gaelic Grounds in Limerick languishing in 18th. Walsh Park Waterford is in the bottom 3 and Louth have the honour of having the worst county grounds in the country according to Martin Breheny.

Martin loves lists

2 Likes

Stade De Pat Fitz in 24th place.

1 Like