Mixed bag there with some down right stupid proposals.
The full list of proposals - which would be introduced in 2017 and 2018 - is as follows:
1. Re-grade the inter-county minor grade from U18 to U17.
Stupid idea, solves nothing.
2. Play the new minor championships alongside the senior championships as is currently the case.
3. Discontinue the U21 football inter-county championship.
It's straight knockout and over early in the season. Not a major issue in my book.
4. Conclude the All-Ireland U21 hurling inter-county championship before the senior final.
So jam more fixtures into the summer? Have lads playing even more games in a tight period. DUMB
5. Increase the number of national league weekends, doubling up football and hurling fixtures.
Increase or decrease?
6. Discontinue the AFL Division 1 semi-finals.
7. Establish in rule that players, who are not in the match-day panel of 26 must be available to their clubs on the weekends of intercounty games.
What club matches are going ahead the week of intercounty matches? League? DUMB.
8. Bring forward the senior All-Irelands by two weeks with the hurling final on the second Sunday of August and the football final played on the first Sunday in September.
9. Play extra time at the end of all drawn championship matches.
10. Discontinue the All-Ireland inter-county junior football and intermediate hurling championships.
Eh, I don't see a major issue with it TBH. Maybe ban u-21's from playing in it.
11. Introduce a calendar-year fixtures schedule.
Not half radical enough really.
DIV 1 & DIV 2 play championship.
DIV 3 & DIV 4 play Tommy Murphy Cup or some such
If you are relegated from 2 or promoted from 3 you swap places for that years championship.
Have a final if you want.
Teams are seeded for championship based on league position.
First 4 Seeds 1
4 groups. 4 teams one from each pot.
Top two go through, with 1st in group one playing second in group two. etc.
Week 1. 1st Group match
Week 2. Break/Hurling
Week 3. 2nd Group Match
Week 4. Break/Hurling
Week 5. 3rd Group Match
Week 7 Break
Week 8 QF's
Week 9 Break
Week 10 SF's
Week 11 Break
Week 12 Break
Week 13 Final
June July August you'd have the whole thing run off. May & September for clubs. The vast majority would have all of August as well.
Same in the hurling except it'd be 4 groups of 3.