The Galway Criticism Thread

[LIST]
[]The ‘famed’ Spanish Arch is probably the most underwhelming bit of sightseeing I’ve ever done. Good as a place for drinking Buckfast as a student but otherwise completely shit.
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[
]The Claddagh is a corporation estate, I don’t see what the fuss is about to be honest.
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[]The festival race meeting has no graded or group action whatsoever, with a big song and dance being made of a couple of plebian handicaps.
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[
]Eyre Square cost something like 20 million and is a poor man’s People’s Park.
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[]Claddagh rings are shit.
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[
]The Blue Note is shit.
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[*]The only lapdancing club in town is inhabited by mingers from Artane.
[/LIST]

Their hurlers are the most overhyped shower going and their hurling fans are as dry as fuck

And they choke, a lot…

The Galway players still let inter club rivalry get in the way of the county side. I have never met a more in-fighting bunch than the Galway crowd

Fuck all of them know “The Quiet Man” off by heart, shamful.

Galway? Don’t know anything it? What is it?

Bouncers in Galway are generally bigger dickheads than other places in the country.

A lot of them speak a foreign language.

…except Cork obviously.

Always found the opposite myself…always thought they were fine and laid back…

I was excluding independent republics within this country.

Makes sense, carry on.

Crustyville is what Galway is. They’ve fierce notions about themselves. They’d like to be seen as interesting and mysterious and overly hirsute whereas, in reality, they are all smelly, sartorially inept bores.

The Galway Girl.
No thank you, I do not need to hear this song everyday of the week.

[LIST]
[*]Buskers - Full of the cunts.

[*]Macnas - Cunts

[*]Allowing Paddy Casey to rise
[/LIST]

:pint::clap: Always found the ones in Cork a bunch of animals, any excuse to kick the shit out of someone.

The Roisin and that set for sure. A more stuck up crowd you wouldnt find in Halo of a Sat night. Hate the stuck up Gaeilgoir bullshit that you see around Neachtains and that too. They promote themselves as being anti pretensious but in doing so they become the most pretensious gobshites known to man.

BUT Galway is a savage town. Galway women are class. Its got the Prom, sea, brilliant pubs etc etc. Nowhere in Ireland comes near. Race week and that Volvo Ocean week are unreal.

Yes I’m am sick to shit of Galway Girl too.

Tommy Tiernan wasn’t even a cunt apparently when he arrived there and now he’s the biggest one in the country.
Ditto for Hector.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”][LIST]
[*]The ‘famed’ Spanish Arch is probably the most underwhelming bit of sightseeing I’ve ever done. Good as a place for drinking Buckfast as a student but otherwise completely shit.
[/LIST]

Sightseeing:D More people than students drink Buckfast. A nice Saturday evening there and you’ll find all sort necking the bottle of b.

[LIST]
[*]The Claddagh is a corporation estate, I don’t see what the fuss is about to be honest.
[/LIST]

Is there a fuss about it. Great walk though from there out to Salthill.

[LIST]
[*]The festival race meeting has no graded or group action whatsoever, with a big song and dance being made of a couple of plebian handicaps.
[/LIST]

true the racing there is absolute shite and what is with that truly ridiculous two fences within 10 metres of another at the bottom of the hill. Great day out though.

[LIST]
[*]Eyre Square cost something like 20 million and is a poor man’s People’s Park.
[/LIST]

Its grand.

[LIST]
[*]Claddagh rings are shit.
[/LIST]

:clap:

[LIST]
[*]The Blue Note is shit.
[/LIST]

:clap:

[LIST]
[*]The only lapdancing club in town is inhabited by mingers from Artane.
[/LIST]

Never been but take your word for it

[/quote]

[quote=“KIB man”]The Roisin and that set for sure. A more stuck up crowd you wouldnt find in Halo of a Sat night. Hate the stuck up Gaeilgoir bullshit that you see around Neachtains and that too. They promote themselves as being anti pretensious but in doing so they become the most pretensious gobshites known to man.

BUT Galway is a savage town. Galway women are class. Its got the Prom, sea, brilliant pubs etc etc. Nowhere in Ireland comes near. Race week and that Volvo Ocean week are unreal.

Yes I’m am sick to shit of Galway Girl too.[/quote]

You seem to have neglected to read the thread title.
Galway gets plenty enough praise in other quarters, this thread is purely for criticism.