The Galway Criticism Thread

There’s a good bit, Saint nichs Church, what’s left of lynchs castle. The morket is nice with some nice produce., Spanish arch is nice and the docks but galway is a people place, there’s f all to do tbh. Limerick you could wander around a lot longer. Its a more hauntingly beautiful city, and the buildings are different gravy. Galway knocked everything they could and built crap, and once that was done they started on the outskirts and oh my they made a balls of that.
Blackrock and the prom are great amenities, but are a bit of geographic fortune rather than anything man made.

1 Like

Godhelpus, you’re an awful clown of a man. Have you even been to Limerick?

2 Likes

I have mate. The buildings are beautiful. The city is beautiful.

The pubs in Limerick are fine - I wouldnt be crowing about them but there’s a decent spread of them. Fennessys - Charlie Malones, - Tom Collins’ - Mickey Martins - Myles Breens / Flannerys Shannon St, Small Flannerys Denmark St - Timmy Martins and Curragower are all grand pubs if you were tipping away day into night

Absolutely, but just fine. Galway has far better pubs. I think @flattythehurdler hams up his love of Limerick in an attempt to seduce you, he’s even trying to get a one on one walking tour with you. Be wary of him.

3 Likes

Freeneys / Tig Coili - and where else? Problem with Galway is most of the pubs are generally jointed — What I like about Limerick pubs in particular is being able to walk in and some docker or bin man will be readily available to educate you on all matter of subjects you’ve no interest in.

1 Like

Murphy, but like you say, you need to be in early, it’s a daytime drinking pub really.

I like going back Whest in Galway city for the auld boogie woogie … I detest Shop Street at night.

I don’t mate. Too many late nights as one of the then proprietors is one of my bessiers.

The Old Forge used to be a grand spot in Galway for daytime pints

No matter how many times you repeat this nonsense, it isn’t true. Not even some of our more deluded Limerick brethern would make this claim

4 Likes

Galway doesnt have a city — there’s nothing to look at. I’d have Kilkenny and Waterford ahead of Galway on the aesthetic front.

:grin::joy::joy::joy::joy: Ah I’m only after copping now you’re wumming the poor cunts.

6 Likes

Agreed. Waterford is a actually a lovely little city, albeit suffering economically. I was quite impressed with the incredible wall art on show when I was down there for the Munster Championship game earlier this year. It was like the kind of thing you’d expect to find in Galway - but wouldn’t.

Agreed, :grin:

Dublin.
Limerick.
Cork.
Waterford
KIlkenny.
Galway… if we are talking aesthetics only.

@flattythehurdler this is just mean :rofl:

1 Like

I cant believe Cairo beat us to a podium spot. I always wondered why the Sphynx has no nose, surely there was some mystical magical reason but no it’s beacause he’s staring directly at a KFC restaurant all day long and cant do anything about it as I discovered to my horror when I visited. Poor sphynx
Good falafel alright in Cairo but eat strictly only on condition that their are some 5 start rest room facilities close by

1 Like

Dublin would be bottom. There’s nice bits. The view of limerick from across the river at dawn is a great view.

1 Like

Only if youre reading the list upside down

1 Like