The Get Well Soon Thread

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 1015671, member: 9”]Today I was in Wexford Wildfowl Reserve and out at Raven Point:

Wild Geese:
[ATTACH=full]1695[/ATTACH]

View back to Wexford town with the Twin Churches dominating the skyline:
[ATTACH=full]1696[/ATTACH]

Down to the barely visible Rosslare Strand:
[ATTACH=full]1697[/ATTACH]

A field:
[ATTACH=full]1699[/ATTACH]

Wonderful Wexford:
[ATTACH=full]1698[/ATTACH]

My word, I feel superb after breathing in that sea air.[/QUOTE]
Wonderful scenes. :clap:

Guys, I’m feeling a little low this morning. A few other posters are trying to antagonise me on the INTERNET on multiple threads. @Gary Birtles Lovechild[/USER] bumping an old Celtic thread to make a “pub league” barb. [USER=232]@Turenne[/USER] using foul and abusive language at me on the NFL Fantasy League thread and [USER=553]@Kid Chocolate[/USER] generally trying to bait Wexford supporters on the Wexford GAA thread. This all follows [USER=1624]@Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen calling me an attention seeking tosspot on the Ryder Cup thread yesterday. I just wish these posters would show some consideration to my feelings and stop this type of behaviour.

Keep the head up Barti - we’ve got your back on this one.

Indeed we do. Mac has the West side of it and I’ve got the east side. Chewy is covering the expanse in between.

It’s a slippery slope

Thanks, guys. I’ve also been boosted by my neighbours’ kindness.

Margaret called in with an apple tart a few minutes ago while I was watching last night’s MOTD2. I’ll have a slice with my afternoon tea in a while:
[ATTACH=full]1709[/ATTACH]

Bridie popped in on Saturday with a delicious strawberry cheesecake:
[ATTACH=full]1710[/ATTACH]

And Angela dropped by on Thursday with a box of donuts, caramel slices and the likes:
[ATTACH=full]1711[/ATTACH]

I’m also on promises from Eleanor and Mary and I’m expecting chocolate brownies and an autumn crumble.

It’s great that everyone has rallied around for me but I have to be careful not to eat too much. It’d be easy to pile on the pounds when my mobility is adversely affected and when there’s a temptation to sit around watching TV and eating treats.

Lovely gestures all round though. :clap:

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 1017034, member: 9”]Thanks, guys. I’ve also been boosted by my neighbours’ kindness.

Margaret Edwards called in with an apple tart a few minutes ago while I was watching last night’s MOTD2. I’ll have a slice with my afternoon tea in a while:

Bridie Kavanagh popped in on Saturday with a delicious strawberry cheesecake:

And Angela Cash dropped by on Thursday with a box of donuts, caramel slices and the likes:

I’m also on promises from Eleanor Smith and Mary Finnegan and I’m expecting chocolate brownies and an autumn crumble.

It’s great that everyone has rallied around for me but I have to be careful not to eat too much. It’d be easy to pile on the pounds when my mobility is adversely affected and when there’s a temptation to sit around watching TV and eating treats.

Lovely gestures all round though. :clap:[/QUOTE]

FFS!! I’m gonna have my work cut out getting you back into top, top shape. After you finish all these wonderful delights go purchase a Nutri-Bullet and go on a week long blended detox.

@Bartosz Bereszynskiego , what have u got? 4 more weeks of this?

are you keeping regular office hours @Bartosz Bereszynskiego ?
how is your stool?

Three week minimum judging by the above mate.

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1017046, member: 367”]are you keeping regular office hours @Bartosz Bereszynskiego ?
how is your stool?[/QUOTE]

I’m scheduled to be back at work on Monday, October 6th. My stool is now regular again - it was quite irregular for the first handful of post-surgery days. I’ve started to check work correspondence remotely but I’m not issuing instructions or getting actively involved unless I deem it necessary. I’m confident that our squad is strong enough to cope with my absence. It’s a real opportunity for some of the younger members of the team to stand up and be counted.

@Bartosz Bereszynskiego , i presume your neighbours are of the impression that you had a total hip replacement , similar to something a pensioner would have?
how is your mother informing people that her overweight, mid 30’s, single, balding, live at home son had a procedure at a sports injury clinic?

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 1015671, member: 9”]Today I was in Wexford Wildfowl Reserve and out at Raven Point:

View back to Wexford town with the Twin Churches dominating the skyline:
[ATTACH=full]1696[/ATTACH]

.[/QUOTE]

wow, i thought that was Istanbul for a brief moment

With real affection in her voice, pal. I don’t ordinarily live a home either - I take strong exception to that comment. :mad:

@Bartosz Bereszynskiego is giving updates on Facebook as to his progress which is fine but he is stealing jokes from all over the place in his updates.

Just thought I would note that.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1017134, member: 24”]@Bartosz Bereszynskiego is giving updates on Facebook as to his progress which is fine but he is stealing jokes from all over the place in his updates.

Just thought I would note that.[/QUOTE]

What a bizarre post. You’re a very odd character at times.

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 1017034, member: 9”]Thanks, guys. I’ve also been boosted by my neighbours’ kindness.

Margaret called in with an apple tart a few minutes ago while I was watching last night’s MOTD2. I’ll have a slice with my afternoon tea in a while:

Bridie popped in on Saturday with a delicious strawberry cheesecake:

And Angela dropped by on Thursday with a box of donuts, caramel slices and the likes:

I’m also on promises from Eleanor and Mary and I’m expecting chocolate brownies and an autumn crumble.

Lovely gestures all round though. :clap:[/QUOTE]
What I wouldn’t give for that toffee slice right now.

Odd?

I’m not the one getting off to auld ones (who I imagine are related to you) responding to your Facebook post about an apple tart.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1017134, member: 24”]@Bartosz Bereszynskiego is giving updates on Facebook as to his progress which is fine but he is stealing jokes from all over the place in his updates.

Just thought I would note that.[/QUOTE]

wow, im in so in with the clique, oh the craic, haha
would you ever just do away with yourself

@mickee321 I’m about to poke you on FB, standby , there’s a new clique in town