The Glastonbury Thread

This is on over the weekend on BBC 2, 3, and 4.

Observations

10 years since I was there. Where did the time go? Depressing.

From what I’ve seen, Lady Gaga’s performance is one to remember. At least 3 constume changes, some great pop tunes, and fucking hell some flesh on show. I love my proper nuts and bolts music, and if I were going I’d obviously looking forward to Blur and Neil Young but I think it’s great that a bit of pop glam gets injected every now and again. Thumbs up from Sledgehammer towers. Just Dance the definite highlight.

No other real observations for the moment, haven’t seen much although Jack Penate was ripping it up in a tent and looked fairly entertaining.

Edith Bowman just said “I wish my buttocks were that pert” in reference to Lady Gaga. Don’t worry about it Edith :guns:

Was talking to a (younger) work mate today and she was telling me that she was going to Oxygen this year. I then told her about going to Feile down in Thurles. Boy did I feel old after that… Good times though. God bless Thurles Racetrack!

I’m too old for all that festival stuff now, a beaten dock. If there’s a danger of getting ‘trench rot’ I don’t go. Indoors only these days, access to the bar is far superior mind.

I reckon you’d have more chance of getting trench rot in Glin or Liscannor than at Glastonbury!

In fairness to the Clare men, Liscannor is a well drained field.

Neil Young is the most ridiculously uncool man. He is also possibly the coolest man in music.

Bloc Party are terribly dull. The old people are cool and the youngsters are dull and boring. Music these days really is fucked up.

I thought Neil Young was pretty grumpy when I saw him. Fuck all interaction with the crowd, just plays his stuff and fcuks off.

Who are these bearded people?

That’s Fleet Foxes.

I’ve just flicked over from Party People.

I love Fleet Foxes. Cheers Runty for marking my card.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]That’s Fleet Foxes.

I’ve just flicked over from Party People.[/QUOTE]

Ah right. I’ve listened to their album but didn’t know what they looked like. They look a bit weird.

Ah interaction with the crowd is over rated, couldn’t really give a shit about it. It’s about the music for me.

Fleet Foxes are pretty good alright.

I insist on a hello at the very least though Sid!

I love the Foxes.

Always thought Zane Lowe was a complete cock. Oh for John Peel.

These Friendly Fires aren’t much cop.

[quote=“sid waddell”]Ah interaction with the crowd is over rated, couldn’t really give a shit about it. It’s about the music for me.

Fleet Foxes are pretty good alright.[/QUOTE]

Interation with the crowd is defintely over rated. Oasis last weekend for example, they turn up and play the tunes that defined my generation, end of story. No “we love you Slane” bullshit. Play the music and fook off? Yes please

Agreed.

Pixies in Phoenix Park being the prime example.

The only words utter between songs were from Kim Deal. Went something like ’ So Ireland eh - you like Guinness?’

Pretty lame but she is a woman.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Agreed.

Pixies in Phoenix Park being the prime example.

The only words utter between songs were from Kim Deal. Went something like ’ So Ireland eh - you like Guinness?’

Pretty lame but she is a woman.[/QUOTE]

Yip, and some day that was. Where have all the years gone? :mad:

I can’t really pinpoint why I got out of the habit of listening to music and going to gigs but it was about 2 or 3 years ago. Watching Glastonbury here and I’ve actually never heard of Pendulum, who are playing at the moment.