The Glastonbury Thread

Me neither. I don’t know a lot of these bands. Gaslight Anthem, anyone? Bruce Springsteen came on to play a song with them.

Pure shite most of them, in my opinion. The most entertaining bits for me are when they cut to people in the crowd and they’re quite obviously yoked off their heads.

Damn all on the telly tonight. I remember now why I usually go drinking.

Yep, I was watching them earlier when Bruce did the song with them - never heard of them either. :eek:

That Edith bitch is a cunt.

[quote=“Bandage”]Yep, I was watching them earlier when Bruce did the song with them - never heard of them either. :eek:

That Edith bitch is a cunt.[/QUOTE]

Not as much of a cunt as Zane Lowe.

Ah Kasabian, finally someone I’ve heard of. Pity they’re rubbish though.

Spinal Tap are on the coverage on the red button now. They’re better than most of the “up and coming” bands.

Forgot to watch Kasabian, I’ve only just turned it on. I think they’re good. First album was class, just listening to it about an hour ago in fact. Two albums since haven’t been as good.

If you see a light flashing…I’ve heard that song before. This is getting quite worrying - I’m so far out of the loop here. This should happen until you get to about fifty when it comes to music.

It’s all shite since Roy Orbison died.

Kasabian on the red button now.

What’s the story with Franz Ferdinand? Have they turned out to be shit after the hype that came with their debut album? Can’t believe it’s 5 years since we were leaping around to ‘Take Me Out’ after Wexford beat Kilkenny. Christ. :eek:

The whole festival buzz even reached the Take That concert in Glasgow the other night. Check out this skanky bitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU16EUO2tps&

You left out the bit where you saunter over and try to ride her.

The Boss is on now. Great Showman.

[quote=“Bandage”]The whole festival buzz even reached the Take That concert in Glasgow the other night. Check out this skanky bitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU16EUO2tps&
[/QUOTE]

Bandage, you sir, have made my week. :mad:

Lisa Hannigan on BBC2 now.

Lovely Lisa. Interesting lyrics.

Great stuff from the Boss. Maybe crowd interaction does work after all. Suits some artists and not others really.

I concur with the Edith Bowman is a cunt comments. From my recollection she only ever got the MTV gig because she was friends with the love Donna Air. Many the evening I spent watching MTV select with my cock in my hand watching Donna.

Funnily enough Donna once taught me a life lesson, dont ring MTV UK on your brand new mobile phone becuase it will cost you the equivalent of a months rent. It was worth it though Donna, we had a connection

Showing Tom Jones now and there’s a bird on someone’s shoulders in the crowd and she has the oul baps out, tremendous :smiley:

The Boss tore it fucking up last night, what a performer.

Aye, believe he played for 2 hours 40 minutes or something mad like that, what an utter legend the man is. Anyone see his full setlist anywhere?

Madness on fairly soon on BBC2 now.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0628/glastonbury.html

Anyone know where one could get a torrent or the like of the boss last night, does the beeb post them up anywhere?