The Glastonbury Thread

I only saw a couple of songs of Liam’s set live and didn’t know he played “D’You Know What I Mean”.

What a song. Unreal. And “Be Here Now” too! :clap:

“Wall of Glass” is a bit like a Fingal horticulturalist - a serious grower.

1 Like

Greedy Soul is very good too.

Two hours of festival highlights on BBC 2 starting now.

2 Likes

@Tassotti - Chrissie Hynde and The Pretenders* tearing it up on the highlights here.

*The real ones, not the pretend ones.

That Dua Lipa lady is very attractive.

Failed to get tickets again this year.

1 Like

Heard it was impossible this year alright.

As ever, keep the fate for the April re-sale. I’ve been to 5 amd gotten tickets each time in the resale. Ryanair flights are still cheap then too

1 Like

My friends have a system for this. A group went last year and they’re going again this year. They were trying to get me to go but to be honest the cost against the line ups seems fairly shit value to me. Anyway, I’m not sure how many tickets you’re allowed buy, 4 I think. So they divide into pods of 4, everyone tries to buy four tickets. Once one group is sorted they go back in and keep trying for the next group. They were 4 short last year but got them in the resale event. Bout 20 going.

So how many friends do I need 4 or 20?

The more people online trying all to buy tickets the better chance you have. They’ll all pitch in as a group again for the resale. Slim chances they’ll pick up an extra but I’ll throw your name in if you want. In saying that I just logged on by myself when tickets went on sale for burning man and got two so you can be lucky too.

I’m visualising Fagan at the Burning Man and the head scalded off him. Not his scenario I’d imagine.

So the system is, everyone tries to get 4 tickets instead of just 1 each?

2 Likes

The Kilkers and the Cure headline in 2019.

Never heard of the former tbh.

The two year famine is over

The Glastonbury of music festivals, the Glastonbury Festival, starts today*

The Cure’s return to the Pyramid stage on Sunday for the first time since 1995 is going to be box office

Details of BBC coverage here

*This is not technically true as apparently it started on Wednesday

Is Jeremy appearing?

/original/3X/6/f/6f98c61ff61bda9132cd1c591bb65e7188bfc85a.mp4
I don’t know where to start.

How about, where are you and why are you filming a male cage dancer?

I’m in the Emirates lounge in Kuala Lumpur mate.
Watching women’s golf.
Oh mo Dhia.

Has “gay pride” sabotaged Glastonbury?