The Glastonbury Thread

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]Aye, believe he played for 2 hours 40 minutes or something mad like that, what an utter legend the man is. Anyone see his full setlist anywhere?

Madness on fairly soon on BBC2 now.[/QUOTE]

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/live/2009setlists.html#20090627

He normally plays for between 2.5 and 3 hours. Best performer I’ve ever seen. Only another couple of weeks before he rocks the home of rugby

…and the home of the 2008 double :smiley:

no ticket for the RDS but kind of want to go now

Bruce seems like a sound lad as well. He joined that band Gaslight Anthem, who apparently idolise him, on stage unannounced and did one of their songs with them. He knew all the lyrics - that must have been some thrill for the boys in the band.

Going to be an hour of the Boss on at 9pm tonight, lovely hurling. Now if only I wasn’t supposed to be going out

The BBC iPlayer has it but we cant access it it seems. Fuckers, not on youtube either.

More birds getting their tits out, this time during Madness. Not enough of that at Slane

Who’s headlining tonight?

Blur on the Main Stage, the Prodigy on the Other Stage

Madness putting in a great shift here.

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]Blur on the Main Stage, the Prodigy on the Other Stage

Madness putting in a great shift here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they can fairly put on a show all right.

The Boss feature on BBC2 now.

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]…and the home of the 2008 double :smiley:

no ticket for the RDS but kind of want to go now[/QUOTE]

I know people looking to sell some. Drop me a PM if you’re interested.

Guarantee you there’ll be tickets going for the boss for next to nothing in the pubs of Ballsbridge in the hours before the gig. Huge amount last year before the shows, cant see this being any different. Serious cut price as well.

[quote=“Mac”]http://www.brucespringsteen.net/live/2009setlists.html#20090627

He normally plays for between 2.5 and 3 hours. Best performer I’ve ever seen. Only another couple of weeks before he rocks the home of rugby[/QUOTE]

i have my ticket for the sat night concert. should be one hell of a gig. There is only one BOSS

You got one? I pray for him…:smiley:

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Agreed.

Pixies in Phoenix Park
[/QUOTE]

Went to the park that day to see them, I’d little interest in the headliners, the Chilli Peppers, who they blew out of the water. An hour of a non-stop wall of sound, fcuking ace it was.

Decent from Bon Iver there. Saw his gig in Dublin a while back.

The amount of people who flooded out of the place after the Pixies was incredible. I saw Myles Duncan walking out with a Pixies t-shirt on him.

I missed about the first twenty minutes of it. We were drinking in town and walked out to the Park. Of course the stage was over at the Castleknock exit so it took ages. I could hear them belting the tunes out of it from about 15 minutes away. It was like walking into the light.

I didn’t leave after the Pixies, but I pulled way back and sat down in the grass. The way Kim Deal smoked a fag was always cool I thought, gone very old now though.

Awesome they were that day. Amount of fuckwits who knew nothing about them was hilarious. Oblivious to the genius they had just witnessed, then getting all excited as the chillis played a few bars of the national anthem. You had to laugh.

I thought they destroyed the Chilli Peppers the same day but I seem to remember my mates who I was there with thought the opposite!

There was just no let up at all from the Pixies the same day, they just blasted straight from one song to the next without catching breath. There was a small section of Pixies fans near me and we had a great time hopping off each other in a muldoon manner. :clap: I thought they’d have been lost out there in that big field but they weren’t. They’d have shattered a venue like the Olympia.