The Glastonbury Thread

You can try and pre-book them in Sound Cellar. I’ve never done it but a couple of mates have

The Specials is top priority for me tomorrow!

Any joy Flano? I tried and failed. :mad:

No luck here either. To be honest I forgot to try first thing this morning.

U2 to play Glastonbury for first time next year

U2 HAVE been confirmed as the headline act for the Glastonbury festivals 40th anniversary next year. It will be their first appearance at the Somerset festival, which began in 1970.

The band confirmed that they will headline on the Pyramid stage at Worthy Farm in Pilton on Friday, June 25th, the opening night of the festival.

It will be the bands only performance in Britain or Ireland next year. They will break off from a North American tour to play the festival.

The bad news for U2 fans is that all 177,000 tickets for next years festival sold out within hours of going on sale in October even though the line-up will not be announced until next year.

However, the event is likely to be broadcast by the BBC. A spokesman for the festival said it will be broadcast if the band give permission, and they are unlikely to refuse.

I can’t believe the amount of flags on sticks there are at the festival these days. When I were a lad, there was a Wolverhampton Wanderers flag on a stick, and we tried to put up our tricolour and there were howls of derision

fuck me that Gaga has a right cock on her :smiley:

Wahey.

I can’t belive no-one celebrated my 7,700 post landmark :pint:

Some shite lack of live singing there from Lady Gaga. All about the recording there, she didn’t even try to sing the chorus. Am I old or is that just shit?

you are right, it’s shit. Out of the group of 6 I went to the Pogues at Christmas with, 2 of us thought McGowan wasn’t singing live - I think we were subsequently argued down by the odd wrong/repeated line in some songs but I’m still not convinced that it isn’t normal these days

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/imageBank/cache/g/gl1.jpg_e_d170aed6267f380cc9c39677ce73a5e8.jpg

:lol:

Is that today MBB?

Think it was yesterday, but I could be wrong, someone sent it onto me.

Thinly veiled " I don’t browse the marieclaire website" there by mbb. :ph34r:

There was nothing thinly veiled about it you coont :smiley:

Mozza just finishing up:

U2 started off with a blistering version of The Beatles’ Taxman before playing the whole of Achtung Baby. It’s pissing rain on Bono.

U2 are shite.

Bono looks fair small

Imagine how far they could have gone if they had a front man who could actually sing…

Larry Mullen must be the freshest (almost) 50 year old man I’ve ever seen…