The Glastonbury Thread

Fucking hell, Jerusalem as an intro to Where The Streets Have No Name. I’ve seen it all now.

Bobby Gillespie will not be happy with this at all.

You’d wonder if Bono’s voice will last the pace here. Struggling a little bit to reach the high notes on Stay (Faraway So Close). He’s not the singer he used to be.

It pains me to watch him go on at this level. I think it’s time to scale it down a little

+1

He’s croaking his way through the set…

It’s was pretty good up to about ten minutes ago but the courics are beginning to mount up now.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah.

Biffy Clyro. Tremendous earlier for Ayrshire huns. :clap:

Dislocation, desperation, Connoly Station.

U2’s set has gone from good to Bad.

I hope to hear Zoo Station and Bullet The Blue Sky during the encore, as long they don’t play Discotheque

The Couricometer is breaking under the strain now

I always thought 11 O’Clock Tick Tock was U2’s first single, not Out Of Control. And a quick Google shows it was.

Christ, U2 were utter, utter scutter. I’ll say it to Bono too next time I see him.

The Scream :clap: :pint:

Bum notes :o

BB King was good watching.

http://news.aol.co.uk/uk-news/story/u2-tax-protest-turns-violent/1865103/

Violent scenes broke out in the crowd at U2’s long-awaited Glastonbury debut as a protest against the band’s tax status was foiled by security guards.

As Bono and his bandmates took to the Pyramid Stage, activists from direct action group Art Uncut inflated a 20ft balloon emblazoned with the message “U Pay Your Tax 2”.

But as the campaigners tried to release it over the 50,000-strong crowd, a team of 10 burly security guards wrestled them to the ground before deflating the balloon and taking it away.

The intervention by security after U2’s opening song Until The End Of The World sparked angry clashes with 30 or more protesters. One security guard told a photographer to “go away”, adding: “If you are press, I’ll have you.”

Several protesters were pinned against a fence near the Pyramid Stage after attempting to hold on to the balloon. There were no arrests.

One of the campaign group members said: “That was totally over the top. He threatened to hit me.” Another said: “Political activism used to belong at Glastonbury. This was all going to be completely peaceful.”

A handful of U2 fans looked on open-mouthed and booed as the security guards swooped.

Gary Noble, 45, from Eastbourne, said: “It was all a bit shocking. I love U2 but I think everyone should pay their taxes. The campaigners have a right to voice their opinion.”

Campaigner Charlie Dewar said: "U2’s multi million-euro tax dodge is depriving the Irish people at a time when they desperately need income to offset the Irish government’s savage austerity programme.

“Tax nestling in the band’s bank account should be helping to keep open the hospitals, schools and libraries that are closing all over Ireland. Bono is well-known for his anti-poverty campaigning but Art Uncut is accusing him of hypocrisy.”

Coldplay were a bit of a snorefest tonight.

Who would have thought it?

:rolleyes:

fuckin Coldplay

Were Chemical Brothers on tonight?