The Glorious 12th of July

Its a derogatory term for Protestants used by Galliban/Pretend IRA soccer types. Iā€™m surprised that youā€™re siding with the Galliban on this one.

The First Minister of Northern Ireland described the use of the term as a ā€œdeeply sectarian and offensive remarkā€.

Any bog warriors good enough will get on. Leamy, Oā€™Brien, et al.

The Orange Order is essentially the same as the KKK in its nature

So is a huge part of mainstream Loyalism and Unionism

I donā€™t know why anybody would beat around the bush about this

Fuck off you Hun.

2 Likes

If rugby was more inclusive more bog warriors would have represented Ireland at rugby. Its insularity/exclusivity and focus on trawling through private schools for talent meant many bog warriors who were better than their fee paying counterparts were missed/ignored.

I think Huns is an spl term mate to describe fans of rangers

Horseshit. Thereā€™s a haype of Muldoons playing for Connacht.

1 Like

Connacht is the leper pariah of Irish rugby ffs. Very few bog warriors have played rugby for Ireland. If they were more inclusive they might have won a knock out game at a World Cup by now.

1 Like

Isnā€™t ā€œhunā€ a term which British people have referred to Germany and Germans by for over a century?

Is that sectarian?

I understand you live in leafy Malahide. Youā€™re probably not best placed to comment on what constitutes sectarian abuse. This has caused grave upset to the Protestant community in Aughnacloy who view it as sectarian.

giphy%20(24)

2 Likes

And you are from.preston now living in ballybough

Geoff, if you could please answer my question as to whether the common British reference to Germany as ā€œthe hunā€ is sectarian or not, that would be great, thanks

1 Like

Sid and Geoffrey have to be the same poster. Their could not be 2 Irishmen alive who support the orange order.

The Orange Order can be correctly compared to the KKKā€¦ Lads here highlighting so called toxic republicanism refuse to acknowledge the historical prejudices that have led to members of the nationalist acting out in isolated instances.

I want to put it on record that, that I still love @GeoffreyBoycott and @Tim_Riggins.

Most orange men are Irish mate.

Youā€™d have to canvass the views of some Germans on that. Iā€™ll ask my brother in law when Iā€™m talking to him next. The Protestant community in Northern Ireland do appear to find the use of the term Hun sectarian.

The Jewish community find the use of the word ā€˜yidā€™ sectarian. You must be a bigot?

5 Likes

Ouch

Where is that?

Lads marching down a road doing nothing much is harmless. You want the 12th gone.

The lads in here are funny in hiding behind ā€œsectarianismā€ and a Protestant being President of the GGA. We are talking about toxic Republicanism, which the GGA has been to the fore of since it started. No acceptance of Anglo of British culture, this went well beyond ā€œpromotingā€ Irish games, it was a fully fledged culture war designed to wipe that influence out. Did northern Nationalists get wrongly targeted for playing the GGA (amongst other things) of course. But the GGA in peace time down south engaged in bigotry and xenophobia. The behaviour of Tyrone players is an extension of this.

1 Like