The Glorious 12th of July

A good pipe band would always remind me of county finals
The pipe band entertaining the crowd as the teams have a puck around

1 Like

Lovely new banner from the Maguiresbridge brethren with a depiction of “The Brazen Serpent”. Presumably this refers to their fellow Fermanagh woman Arlene Foster.

1 Like

That’s some accent on Diana Cuthbertson. Wat abootchee aye.

1 Like

Some great memories from the 1970s and 1980s here as the 100 Glorious Years segment continues.

3 Likes

The presenter has a lovely way about her.

2 Likes

Some great innovative musicianship there in that feature with the Lisnamurrican Temperance Flute Band. Frances McCrory sounded a suspiciously Catholic name but thankfully a few words from her mouth put to rest any doubts about her persuasion.

Walter Love is back in Belfast for the big one.

1 Like

Walter so rightly says the Belfast parade is an event for all the family. Just seeing the looks on the faces of the brethren as they pass the camera leaves you in no doubt as to exactly how welcoming an occasion it is.

Helen Mark sums up this very different Twelfth and our whistle stop tour through deep Ulster comes to an end.

Goodbye Glorious Twelfth for another year.

1 Like

A lovely show tonight on BBC 1 NI. Not a bigot in sight just decent respectful men and women enjoying their day out.

1 Like

What a wonderful day of cultural celebrations it looked. Goodbye Glorious Twelfth for another year.

Make no mistake here, I am not an Orange man lover but from what I saw on tonight’s show there wasn’t a bigot to be seen. That of course does not dissuade me from the fact that the O O is founded on bigotry. Tonights BBC N I programme was pure entertainment. Please God as the decades go by our cultures here on the island of Ireland will blend into each other creating a true and honest respectful unity.

Hopefully, the way it should be. They can have their bonfires and their marches and if they are happy to do it in a united Ireland, better again.
Question is, would July 12th be a bank holiday all over Ireland then…

Why not? Let it be.

Would it not be a bit redundant celebrating King Billy’s victory in a 32 county republic?

If you say so.

Easy sale

1 Like

I saw the grand wizard of the OO or whatever he’s called on the Norn Iron news last night saying he can understand why Irish flags are burnt on the bonfires. Even though he didn’t condone it. He blamed it on the protocol. Even though they’ve been burning flags since year dot.

1 Like

I saw that. They were only burning tricolours on the bonfires according to him because of the current political climate.

12th of July is about celebrating religious freedom .

1 Like

It would be a bit like a fella claiming to have been proved right all along about Jurgen Klopp apparently being useless, because he lost to Burnley.

After winning the Champions League and the Premier League.

It has been done.

I’d argue it’s the inverse of that.