The Glorious 12th of July

I suppose so. At least the Orangmen celebrate a real victory, as opposed to a pretend one.

The Boyne victory would be like a League or FA Cup win. A 32 county republic would be like winning the league after a long hard slog.

I remember my father bringing me to the parade in Rossnowlagh as a kid. A real example of how two cultures can be appreciated and celebrated in one region.

2 Likes

Hardly. The Boyne was more like Celticā€™s 1967 European Cup. Theyā€™re a completely faded force but are still living off that victory.

But the United Irelanders are toiling around in the lower to mid table region of the Scottish Championship, which is still a good deal below Celtic.

Get a couple of undercover operatives to stick a few ā€œprideā€ flags on a bonfire. Bonfires banned. Simple

1 Like

I saw pictures of pride flags on bonfires and racist messages somewhere last night. As in racist against people other than nationalists for a change.

Although Iā€™ve always been confused by the idea of writing say ā€œI hate Catholicsā€ on a sign and then burning it on a bonfire. I mean are you saying you donā€™t agree with the message then?

Basically any message on a loyalist bonfire translates to:

ā€œGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrā€

I would have thought King Billy converting to Catholicism should have have ended it centuries ago

Man seriously ill in hospital. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Do ordinary protestants go to these bonfires or just scumbags?

I heard Jim Allister say this morning he never does nor has any interest. Sir Jeffrey said something similar. Seems to be the chatsworth estate classes mainly

The subtle difference between a ā€œLoyalistā€ and a ā€œUnionistā€

3 Likes

How long does it take to build those pallet towers?

Months, 4 months some of them

Mental stuff.

1 Like

Easy know the cunts have no jobs and can spend the time building bonfires, what a sad existence

2 Likes

This is exactly right

I was through Loughbrickland and Gilford last night. Would they be fairly orange @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy ?

Gilford, yes. A lot of rich Protestant farmers in the enclaves and close to that hellhole of Tandragee. Gilford always seems quiet though anytime Iā€™ve passed through it but Iā€™ve heard of some nasty individuals from around there.

Iā€™d imagine Loughbrickland is similar though I wouldnā€™t be as familiar with it.

2 Likes