The Glorious 12th of July

Dirty things. Like minks.

Iā€™m fairly sure that lad is from Glasgow, he has a bit of a cult following over there as well due to his willingness to stand beside Rangers fans as they serenade him with that tune. Iā€™m not sure he is the full shilling, but he will have undoubtedly raised the IQ on every street he walked yesterday.

5 Likes

Heā€™s a Rangers season ticket holder and English Defence League member. He performs the useful idiot role alright.

The self hatred would remind you of @Tassotti

The silly wee girl was just trying to establish some facade of authority and power. When heā€™s president sheā€™ll come purring like a half starved cat.

1 Like

Do any unionist politicians come out and say this about 12 July bonfires
Sinn Feinā€™s Michelle Oā€™Neill added: "This deplorable sectarian bigotry has no place in this society. This is not republican. This is not acceptable.

4 Likes

Sad to see @Cheasty to resort to an isolated incident to support his whataboutery approach.

Donā€™t think Naomi is a Unionist. Nice to see that from Doug, youā€™d nearly expect that. Anything from the leading Unionist Party, the DUP?

Both sides are at it. Hereā€™s another one.

The problems in the North will never be solved until both sides front up to their failings. Like, when that video of those morons making fun of Michaela Harteā€™s murder came out, it was clear the default reaction from Republicans online was not that of genuine revulsion, but of joy. Because itā€™s far more important to say ā€œitā€™s only themmuns who do itā€.

But it isnā€™t only themmuns who do it. And neither is it only themmuns who build ridiculous bonfires festooned with the flags of themmuns and vile, hate filled slogans.

1 Like

One dissenting voice in 300 yearsā€¦

I have no time for the DUP and I think they could do a lot more to speak out against hate filled sectarian displays on bonfires but fair is fair.

DUP leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson condemned the displays.

ā€œWhilst the overwhelming number of Twelfth celebrations were hugely successful, some events require further work and other displays must be outrightly condemned as wrong,ā€ he said.

"Throughout my lifetime I have had the privilege to celebrate and educate others about my identity all over the world. At no point has burning posters, flags or pictures of serving politicians featured as part of that. Nor has slogans or displays that advocate sectarian violence against anyone in this society regardless of their political position or religious views.

Thatā€™s fair enough

Joe Brolly was on newstalk earlier saying Doug Beattie is very decent guy. Leader of second biggest unionist party and he only snuck in on fifth count.
It was a good point.

Jaysus, Iā€™m now living in Munster

cc @count_of_monte_crist @croppy_boy

Derry has invaded Donegal. And Antrim.

Kerry has invaded Cork.

Kildare is now the shape of Krang from the Teenage Mutant Hero/Ninja Turtles.

Has Putin invaded us?

My house is after almost slipping into Derry.

Fucking Mica.

1 Like

I got a taxi yesterday, and had the usual bluster with the driver ā€œare you busy today etc.ā€. He said Tuesdays always quiet, but thought he might get a bit of business with everyone done here for the 12th, but they all brought their own cars. Said theyā€™d do a lot of runs up north, but told anyone who wanted one yesterday, theyā€™d drop them as far as a taxi rank in Newry and thatā€™s as far as they were going.

Anyway, he was saying heā€™d have friends both sides of it, and was telling me about a good mate of his in Newcastle. Runs a local business, and said something about 7 boys in the family and each year they draw straws to see which of them will have to march so their business wonā€™t get shunned or burnt out of it. Said his pal was the unlucky one two years in a row.

2 Likes