The Glorious 12th of July

In golf parlance we’ve reached the turn. It’s all homeward bound to the great day from here.

4 Likes

In news you’ll appreciate, the first Wonka trailer landed late on July 11th last year, which caused considerable consternation in Orange Order circles when it prominently featured a small orange man playing a flute. They genuinely thought they were being targeted, as only they could.

1 Like

Christ, the hack of them. Every man, woman and child a fat mess. Man boobs and lady beer bellies.

2 Likes

What’s a Wonka trailer? A trailer with lots of Carbury’s chocolate on it?

question asks GIF

Sounded like a terrific day in Rossnowlagh today for brethern.

1 Like

A perfect day with England and Holland progressing in Germany.

1 Like

Battles of the Rhine

A great template for Orange marches elsewhere on the island. Both sides of the community attend the event. I was even brought up to it myself as a young child, by a father who spent time in Libya during the 70’s.

1 Like

Are they still building those big bonfires up in the North?

Is there not a few relatives you could ask ?

Last time I checked there weren’t any bonfires built in Callan or Oola around the 12th

3 Likes

Nasty post & probably didn’t deserve a reply.

1 Like

Probably looking for a pile-on. There’s a want on some people.

The great day is almost upon us again.

Friday, July 12 2024

County Antrim:

Ballymena;

Broughshane;

Carrickfergus;

Cloughmills;

Derriaghy;

Ahoghill.

County Armagh:

Killylea.

Belfast County:

Belfast.

County Down:

Newtownards;

Ballynahinch;

Annalong;

Gilford.

County Fermanagh:

Irvinestown.

County Tyrone:

Ballygawley;

Newtownstewart;

Benburb.

City of Londonderry:

Londonderry.

County Londonderry:

Moneymore.

County Donegal:

Rossnowlagh (6th July).

The Independent Orange Order is holding its Twelfth parade in the village Mosside, Co Antrim.

1 Like

What do you make of the line up of venues this year @Cheasty?

It’s here again.

Cahirmee Horse Fair 2024

Cahirmee Horse fair is due to take place this Friday the 12th July 2024 in Buttevant Town.

To Facilitate the smooth movement of Traffic on the N20, Diversions will be in place from 7am on Friday morning:

¡Northbound traffic on the N20 will be diverted at Newtwopothouse via Doneraile returning to the N20 at Lisballyhea.

¡Southbound traffic on the N20 will be diverted at Lisballyhea via Doneraile and returning to N20 at Newtwopothouse.

2 Likes

BBC NI will show highlights at 9pm.
Not sure who is presenting

Note: Walter Love MBE passed away earlier this year. I’m sure this will be noted.

News of Walter’s passing early this year had somehow escaped me. I feel like I did when the minute’s silence was announced for John O’Mahony RIP at Croke Park on Sunday, news of the former Mayo, Galway and Leitrim manager’s passing having similarly evaded me up to then.

RIP Walter and thank you for your services to cultural expression. The Voice Of The Twelfth.

How do they decide venues? Do they rotate every year?

Very surprised to see Ballygawley on the list - A republican stronghold - I can’t imagine they are too welcoming of an Orange Order parade?