The Glorious 12th of July

Liverpool well represented at the Imperial Orange Council gathering in Enniskillen.

Ian Kells, Grand Master of the Orange Order of Australia, is “home” for the the meeting of the Grand Orange Council.

And Beverley Buist and Richard Heatherington, Grand Masters of New Zealand and Canada are also “home”.

And they’re heading to Rossnowlagh.

A real international flavour at the only march held abroad.

One and done maybe

Off to Irvinestown now. Dr. David Hume has a great broadcasting voice.

Hillary Benn in attendance. His father would have been in his element today.

I’d say there’s some craic in Sissy McGinty’s pub in Irvinestown right now.

Good to have the Secretary of State in Irvinestown.

1 Like

Irvinestown looking like the quintessential British village today. As Norman Donaldson so rightly says, it’s all about getting the children involved.

That was possibly the fastest hour of the year.

1 Like

An almost Mediterranean scene in lovely coastal Carrickfergus. It really does have everything you want in a resort.

Helen Mark takes her leave of us with a sample of the colour and the flavour of today’s cultural celebrations.

Goodbye Glorious Twelfth for another year, but not before I flick back and watch the first 25 minutes of tonight’s highlights that I missed.

Fun fact: 3.8% of the population of Ahoghill are from a Roman Catholic background.

Hopefully they too felt part of the cultural celebrations today.

2 Likes

I’d say it a smashing place.

2 Likes

Good news for you that next year’s Co. Armagh demonstration returns to Keady for the first time since 2012.

Just watching back over the highlights of this year’s Co. Armagh demonstration in lovely Killylea.

Orange is the very much the colour of all this weekend in Armagh.

1 Like

Wow. Ignacio came all the way from Chile to watch the parade in Belfast this year.

“I am really pleased to know the traditions you have here.”

Protestantism is seriously catching on in Brazil and hopefully Ignacio can spread the gospel of the one true faith on the other side of the Andes.

Where’s Lee Clegg when you need him?

I subconsciously read that as Grand Wizard on first glance, mind you the Orange order & KKK would share plenty of ideals I’m sure.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/mickeypeedia/status/1811840496714534940?t=2ETp6oOVNQNtvqnfczgplw&s=19

God bless her :laughing:
Clodagh Byrne: Orange march flasher exposed as bigoted new age therapist | BelfastTelegraph.co.uk (archive.is)

3 Likes

And all who sail in her

Outstanding :joy:

1 Like