The Goalkeepers Union

Rintintin[/USER] [USER=9]Bandage et al please free to post goalkeeping related issues on this thread

I made two penalty saves this weekend:clap: Felt great

I can’t believe it has taken so long for a thread like this to be started :clap:

A recent conversation in the pub.

Punter No 1: RTT, what does it feel like to concede a goal?
RTT: I don’t know.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 771479, member: 181”]A recent conversation in the pub.

Punter No 1: RTT, what does it feel like to concede a goal?
RTT: I don’t know.[/quote]

I think the reply was “You know what? I almost forget!”

Signing in…

Many many years ago I was playing in the goals in a schools football final. I had a very old pair of boots held together with twine. Anyway, I took a kick out and the boot flew away into the distance. I ran out after the boot and picked it up. I turned around to see the corner forward tucking the ball into an empty net. We lost by a point. Brother Prunty was not pleased and I had a ringing in my ear for a month after the box in the head I got. The News and Star to their credit glossed over the incident.

3 Likes

Signing in :clap:

corner forward?

No outrage at the abuse by a christian brother? You’re slipping mate.

that shit isnt allowed on this portal anymore mate

we have moved on

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 771505, member: 80”]that shit isnt allowed on this portal anymore mate

we have moved on[/quote]
What? Fuck that shit. I will be outraged at whatever I feel is outrageous.

dont let it consume you mate. TAn has lawyers looking in

So it went well besides that incident?

Played in goal alot underage, was quite good but had a poor enough kick out.

Ironically scored a goal from a kick out(from play)in an All Ireland Cup semi final one day in Carlow. Turned out to be the winner.

Also scored a goal from a free kick from edge of my own box in the states one year, but wind was big, ball was light an the keeper was Jamacian.

Goalkeepers are a bit mental, but they have too much time to think I reackon. They can also make good coaches

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 771543, member: 273”]

Goalkeepers are a bit mental, but they have too much time to think I reackon. [/quote]

Agree 100% with this, also what drives us a bit mental is the frustration of things not going well out the field and not being able to get fully stuck in to try and change that. A lot of it prob stems from the fact that you should prob be the first on the field to spot where things are going wrong.

Signing in.

Is it wrong for a 'keeper to get excited when the other team is attacking.

Haha Fran,no it’s not as long as they don’t score!!

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 771543, member: 273”]Played in goal alot underage, was quite good but had a poor enough kick out.

Ironically scored a goal from a kick out(from play)in an All Ireland Cup semi final one day in Carlow. Turned out to be the winner.

Also scored a goal from a free kick from edge of my own box in the states one year, but wind was big, ball was light an the keeper was Jamacian.

Goalkeepers are a bit mental, but they have too much time to think I reackon. They can also make good coaches[/quote]

explain yourself Kevin.

I have played in goal for association football, but never in GAA, it can be quite enjoyable…

signing in for this. I am a member of the goal keeping union. :slight_smile: