The Goalkeepers Union

he couldnt beat me from open play…

Booming kickouts if i do recall correctly…

Agree on the groin issues point and would extend that to thigh also. I tore my thigh muscle taking a fucking kick-out last year and did it fairly serious damage by not getting it sorted out properly at the time and coming back too soon.

Had to take a complete break eventually as I was doing more damage to it and I diligently undertook an exercise programme. However, I suffered a groin strain in my first game back after 3 months, which was very annoying. A deep cross came in so I scurried across the goal-line from near post to far only for the attacker to direct his effort back towards the direction I’d come from. Had to halt my momentum abruptly and cut back and felt my groin “go” doing so.

The physio gave me programme of exercises concentrating mainly on thigh/groin, which I do every day. The thigh’s now fine but the groin’s not completely right - I can’t push off when diving like before and it’s pretty frustrating.

Just beware, Puke. As Michael Owen said on Twitter yesterday in reply to the question as to why he was retiring at the age of 33…“It’s demoralising not being able to do something as good as you did before.”

:frowning:

Re groin injuries and kick outs…

Wexford full back Graeme Molloy ended up out of football for a year after plpaying in goal for st james in 2007 v. shelamliers… in an absolute hammering 6-21 to very little, he took in excess of 40 kickouts in one game…

The soft cunt

Jaysus goalkeeping takes it toll on the auld body, I have broke most my fingers at one time or another, sprained the ligaments in both thumbs, bruised my shoulder to the bone (actually thought it was broken), cracked my ribs a couple of times, broke my nose (for some reason because I played in goal in football they thought I was a whole other level of crazy and put me in goal for hurling) and last but not least been knock out a couple of times. That’s not listing the numerous black eyes, busted lips and bruised ankles from some fucking idiot stepping on ya as you stop a shot.

:slight_smile:

Indeed.

It doesn’t help when your manager/captain lashes the rebound past you.

The man in my avatar(the greatest no.1 that ever lived) would greatly approve of this thread . As he said himself once.
[SIZE=13px][FONT=sans-serif]“The joy of seeing [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=2][FONT=sans-serif]Yuri Gagarin[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=13px][FONT=sans-serif] flying in space is only superseded by the joy of a good penalty save.”[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote=“Rintintin, post: 771795, member: 207”]The man in my avatar(the greatest no.1 that ever lived) would greatly approve of this thread . As he said himself once.
[SIZE=13px][FONT=sans-serif]“The joy of seeing [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=2][FONT=sans-serif]Yuri Gagarin[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=13px][FONT=sans-serif] flying in space is only superseded by the joy of a good penalty save.”[/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]

:clap:

You goalkeeper guys are just crazy :eek::clap::pint:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/goalie-shot-in-head-finishes-game-234481.html

Would you fall for this Bandage? Take a bow Luis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKqT7oIfCNg

Poor pen. too slow, the keeper had plenty time to react and will be disappointed not to get across to it I would think.

Anyone have a photo of the Tipp football goalie for the overweight footballers thread?

Made two one on one saves last night but ended up letting one in…should have done better though :frowning:

Bump the thread pal.

I’ll have a look.

Joe Hart is a disgrace to this fine Union. :rolleyes:

That doss cunt wouldn’t last a second on the killing fields of European hurling.

This was quality from Neuer last night