The Good Luck With Everything Brendan Rodgers Thread

All the best Brendan. For now, for always, forever. You’ll never walk alone.

For always and forever’s kinda the same thing. But anyway.

What a lovely thread. Best of luck to B Rod and all at LFC, let’s hope it really is the start of a new era.

I think Liverpool will get 4th this season.

Best of luck Brendan

+1.

Best of luck to Brendan and all at LFC :ireland:

Last season was bizarre in that tactically, we didn’t seem to employ any, home or away or take the opposition into account. Kenny seemed to think it was still the 80’s and if we went out and did our stuff that would be enough. While an element of that is true that’s not enough in the modern game. B Rod at least will bring a tactical plan to the board and change things up accordingly, just like Rafa did.

Yet we still played fantastic football at times last season which culminated in us battering Arsenal at Anfield but yet, we still lost. The fight went out of us after that and our end points tally is somewhat misleading as Kenny focused on the cups to save his season.

Nevertheless, although the amount of times we hit the woodwork was unreal or freakish last season, goal scoring is still gonna be our big worry. Suarez, while I’m confident he will hit 15-20 this season, is not a prolific scorer and we are banking on others to chip in. However, the amount of times we were calling out for a midfielder to make a run into the box last year was beyond a joke and if It’s borini and Gerrard who are to play just behind Suarez I’m confident we will address this and see more goals coming from the rest of the team.

The other big bonus, is Lucas, Farmer’s main man. His importance, along with Suarez, can not be underestimated and our season hinges in lots of ways in those two staying fit and out of trouble. If Lucas gets injured and we have to rely in Jay Spearing again…

Of course, new system or no new system, we are still gonna see teams park the bus in front of us and like many times last year where we failed, we are gonna have to open up teams and theres no doubt we will bring the work rate but do we have the quality is another question.

Defensively, I think we are sound and while we can only be judged by last season I don’t think we are as bad as that. 4th is a big big ask and while my heart thinks it is not beyond us 5th is probably more realistic. While another season without champions league and not attracting big names is gonna see us drift off the pace from the top even further we can’t worry about that now we have to take it one game at a time while Brendan tries to instill his vision. We have a very difficult start to the season with the two manc clubs and Arsenal up in the first 5 games, but what a chance that is to instil some belief within the players but also within Brendan, who no doubt will receive the full backing of the kop but the jury will still be out.

I haven’t seen much of the pre season being away. But I’ve been really impressed with any interview I’ve read from Rodgers, and the way he goes about his business, and for the first time in a few seasons I’m genuinely excited about the season ahead… Let’s hope it ain’t over in October !!

Good luck Brendan Rodgers YNWA.

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 704129”]Last season was bizarre in that tactically, we didn’t seem to employ any, home or away or take the opposition into account. Kenny seemed to think it was still the 80’s and if we went out and did our stuff that would be enough. While an element of that is true that’s not enough in the modern game. B Rod at least will bring a tactical plan to the board and change things up accordingly, just like Rafa did.

Yet we still played fantastic football at times last season which culminated in us battering Arsenal at Anfield but yet, we still lost. The fight went out of us after that and our end points tally is somewhat misleading as Kenny focused on the cups to save his season.

Nevertheless, although the amount of times we hit the woodwork was unreal or freakish last season, goal scoring is still gonna be our big worry. Suarez, while I’m confident he will hit 15-20 this season, is not a prolific scorer and we are banking on others to chip in. However, the amount of times we were calling out for a midfielder to make a run into the box last year was beyond a joke and if It’s borini and Gerrard who are to play just behind Suarez I’m confident we will address this and see more goals coming from the rest of the team.

The other big bonus, is Lucas, Farmer’s main man. His importance, along with Suarez, can not be underestimated and our season hinges in lots of ways in those two staying fit and out of trouble. If Lucas gets injured and we have to rely in Jay Spearing again…

Of course, new system or no new system, we are still gonna see teams park the bus in front of us and like many times last year where we failed, we are gonna have to open up teams and theres no doubt we will bring the work rate but do we have the quality is another question.

Defensively, I think we are sound and while we can only be judged by last season I don’t think we are as bad as that. 4th is a big big ask and while my heart thinks it is not beyond us 5th is probably more realistic. While another season without champions league and not attracting big names is gonna see us drift off the pace from the top even further we can’t worry about that now we have to take it one game at a time while Brendan tries to instill his vision. We have a very difficult start to the season with the two manc clubs and Arsenal up in the first 5 games, but what a chance that is to instil some belief within the players but also within Brendan, who no doubt will receive the full backing of the kop but the jury will still be out.

I haven’t seen much of the pre season being away. But I’ve been really impressed with any interview I’ve read from Rodgers, and the way he goes about his business, and for the first time in a few seasons I’m genuinely excited about the season ahead… Let’s hope it ain’t over in October !!

Good luck Brendan Rodgers YNWA.[/quote]

You see the interesting thing about that is…Zzzzzzzz!!!

1 Like

Listen pal, just because Runt has replaced you with a traveller doesn’t meen you can lash out at me. Open a dialogue with him, I’m sure you can win him back.

Best of luck to Liverpool and Brendan Rodgers this season. He will do a fine job IMHO if given time

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 704131”]

Listen pal, just because Runt has replaced you with a traveller doesn’t meen you can lash out at me. Open a dialogue with him, I’m sure you can win him back.[/quote]

Sorry mate, I’m sure Brendan will secure the top half finish Liverpool fans crave.

Cheers mate, your well wishes mean a lot.

Puke can you expand on what you mean by fine job. IMHO A fine job at a club the stature of Liverpool is winning leagues and European cups. A fine job might cut it at Birmingham Villans but this is Liverpool we are talking about. One of the biggest clubs in the world.

Brendan will do a fantastic job, not a fine job. YNWA

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 704134”]

Cheers mate, your well wishes mean a lot.[/quote]

Maybe one day your beloved Reds can come to The Markets Field and play the LOI champs on their own patch, the future is bright, the future is blue and white. I might even chuck a banana at Suarez if he is lucky.

Liverpool will be back competing at the business end of the Champions league and in contention for League titles in a couple of seasons time if they give Rodgers time to settle and put his mark on things. I expect a decent enough season from this year now that the dinosaur that is Kenny Cunt is gone and Lucas is back fully fit

Xabi Alonso goal compilation on LFC tv now :frowning:

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 704137”]

Liverpool will be back competing at the business end of the Champions league and in contention for League titles in a couple of seasons time if they give Rodgers time to settle and put his mark on things. I expect a decent enough season from this year now that the dinosaur that is Kenny Cunt is gone and Lucas is back fully fit[/quote]

That would indeed be a fine job :clap:

I’m happy enough to write this season off to experience and let Breandán try and instill his philosophy on the team so that things may improve in future season. In the words of Johnny Logan, hold me now.

I mean, what’s another year.

Best wishes to Mr Rodgers.