The Good Luck With Everything Brendan Rodgers Thread

Rhodri Giggs nailed it .

Thanks for asking.

I’m gunning for Hearts. Delighted to be rid of Rodgers.

He’s beaten a few teams at Hampden but losing to the likes of AEK Athens and Sevco in important games this season was another example of our tactical naivety when teams attacked us.

Some of the European performances were really pathetic. Gifted a knockout tie in the Europa League by Rosenborg and then our response is an insipid, uninspiring, naive capitulation at home.

If Leicester matches his ambition and he’s happy to walk mid season then I’m delighted he’s gone and hope he never sets foot in Celtic Park again. This will go down as a great day for Celtic.

1 Like

Rodgers looks like a hostage delivering a propoganda message in the welcome video posted on the Leicester twitter page.

He says he’ll give his life for the club which is typical Rodgers guff. It’s grand when you’re winning and you support the club, but he’s quite insincere.

He really played up to a small link with Tommy Burns when he was at Celtic. Look out for him telling Leicester fans how one of his footballing heroes coincidentally enough happens to be one of their club icons.

2 Likes

A touch of the Robbie Keanes by the sounds of it.

He came out with some guff about Danny McGrain as well

He’s a spoofer. Jamie Vardy will have his card marked by Christmas.

4 Likes

Yep, first day at the club. Existing staff are present and in their training gear preparing sessions for the various squads from underage up. McGrain hasn’t gotten changed and approaches Rodgers. I don’t want to presume I’ll still have a role here, as I respect that you might want to bring in your own people across the bord. Danny, don’t be silly. You’re a club legend and my hero. As long as I’m here then you’ll be here with me. He used to tell that story as an example of greats like McGrain having such humility.

1 Like

“I cant wait to see you all in Paradise”

My sources tell me that Rodgers tried to clear out the entire first team staff and bring them with him. A day before Celtic play away to Hearts. :angry:

John Kennedy (promoted to assistant manager), Stevie Woods (goalkeeping coach) and Tim Williamson (head physio) turned him down.

It was already announced that Chris Davies, Kolo Toure and Glen Driscoll have gone with him but he’s also taking a load of other fitness, physio and analyst/scouting types.

The little bollix.

Was part of the deal to join Leicester that they would provide him with half a waistcoat and a cover for his car?

Former Clanna Gael Lurgan footballer Gerry Taggart approving BRs appoinment as Leicester boss .

Enough people have done that already this season without Brendan planning on joining them.

3 Likes

This whole thing is gas and why for all it’s faults modern soccer is great craic .

1 Like

Neil Lennon?

Brendan will do a great job. He’ll be a loss to Celtic no doubt but I’d say there is two sides to the story and they contributed to his departure.

No doubt. Lawwell and the board are arseholes but walking out during the season, the first Celtic manager ever to do so, lets them off to a large degree. He’s won 7/7 domestically and is now despised. :laughing:

Apart from at least getting to a European competition final he couldn’t do anymore. Now he’s a :snake:. You couldn’t make it up

Correct.

Damien duff was hardly considered. …

No, he wasn’t part of the first team staff.

It’s actually terrifying that he is now.

I sincerely hope he’s better at articulating his footballing ideas in a player / pitch environment than he is on TV and in print interviews. Because he comes across as a complete simpleton.