The GPA

I do. But you’re making the assumption that because I’m highlighting a fundamental flaw that I’m ‘against’ you and them.

I’m just proving how the machine of the GAA can discredit them very easily and quickly. That’s all

1 Like

Kavanagh is quoted in this evenings Echo at a fair estimate that the number is 20,000 with the vast majority so far coming from Co Cork.

Here, fella.

They are setting up an organisation basically on the same model as the existing GAA systems they are raging against.

Do you really think their registering system is spot on? Do you think the numbers signing up are ready to put their shoulders to the wheel here when the same fella’s won’t put up their hands up to do work, coach or sit on committees in their own clubs.
Wake up you dope.

1 Like

Yeah if as gman says players have a registration no for playing it should need to be included here. Seems too obvious an oversight to have been an accident. Either way it’s a miss

These are players you gobshite. They are not being asked to do a job. Just answer a few questions.

:rollseyes:

Players have representation in clubs already. The vast majority of the representation is absolutely woeful but the same whinging players don’t attend AGM’s to vote for roles. They don’t bother getting involved in administration either.
So as @Fagan_ODowd pointed out, what the diddly does a Junior player care? Is this CPA set up to push for Senior & Intermediate players only?

These fuckers pushing the organisation are all the types of cunts who happily went along with the current system while involved in IC setups. It’s laughable.

Grand. The GAA is the easiest sports organisation in the coutry to discredit. We can discredit anything.

Nobody said its perfect.

There will be a shit or get off the pot stage. No doubt about that either. They need numbers. The power is in the numbers.

And if the GAA want to take a chance that the lads are greasing numbers then that will be their gamble.

From my interaction with people on a daily basis many of whom are “traditional” GAH people the GAA are losing the hearts and minds on the ground. Modern Irela d doesn’t give a fuck much about tradition anymore. Parents want their kids to be developed and have fun at sport, and they care less where it happens for the most part. If they continue to ignore they will cause untold damage. The CPA might just be the boat people are looking for to hop onto.

1 Like

You’ve chewed up their waffle like a well behaved lapdog. :smile:

1 Like

Typical Harry to jump on others peoples opinions.

Why can you not have your own.

Its only a jealousy argument to be going on about these lads and tgeir inter county involvement. In most cases, Kavanagh being one, they admit they were unaware and in their own bubble and heard stuff but just thought it was being over played. Thats before they were living it. So fair ay to them, it obviously means alot to them. They are the truel “Gaels”. They understand you start a club ayer and then go back. They all have given load to their clubs. Aaron Kernan is more known for his club than his county

You haven’t a clue what you are on about and you know nothing about these lads obviously outside of what you have read here

Slow down, mate.

You are shouting for the Tail to Wag the Dog. Think about that.

Our Organisation may not be perfect but it’s far from broken.

I have actually had seriously challenging discussions with a few of these lads.

I believe a stronger club inly player link needs to be developed. I made the point many people view them as county men still. They need local stalwarts onside etc. I think those suggestions (i was not the only one saying this) are being taken on board. If not i think it will slow membership. If i’m wring who cares, what they do will have worked.

The one thing i actually like about this group is the lack of ego. They are very clear on people not wanting to make a name for themselves etc. Its not a vehicle for jobs or exposure. Now of course, they have to fucking live that. Or the likes of me won’t be long pulling them on it.

Its in tatters.

Numbers are at their worst since 70’s

1 Like

Of course they are. Young kids have far more interests these days outside of sports. TV & Computers the main culprits.

IMO the CPA will only appeal to Senior or Intermediate players at club level. What do they aim to do to appease Junior standard players for example? What’s the sales pitch?

Are all the Administrators going to work for free? How many staff do they need?

Think we are all in agreement with this kev. Point is though if you don’t go about this right the GAA will discredit and trample you. Case in point the GPA approach to super 8 issue.

If you go about it in the right way. Have fully transparent auditable figures that can back up your membership claims it carries far more weight and is much more difficult to discredit.

What’s Derek Kavanagh role in CPA? He’s an impressive enough punter

1 Like

They are already working for free. With 6 months. They give up time. More valuable than anything. Almost every one of them has a busy CEO or self emploted job as well. But busy people stay busy.

Not sure why you are dividing up Junior from the rest. Its for everyone. There is no distinction and no suggestion of it.

Munster & Cork rep is his basic role.
He broke Cork into divisions. Then the divisional lads found a team leader in every club. Lads with a cess to players in whatsapp etc.

Thats why Cork worked so well, the drip system was simple. They simple have not found the right men everywhere yet.

You would also have quite a militant mentaility in Cork anyway.

He is indeed a very impressive operator. Loves work of any sort.

He retired well i’d say, as in he got stuck into life in a big way after retiring.

1 Like

If they want a strike how can they be sure every player in every club with stand with them? Will it become a very divisive group?

There isnt 10k playing GGA

1 Like

Thats the question.

But strike is not what they want.

They want bargining chips.

For instance Kerry is a hard sell. Its only football. They play loads of games. Although Kerry lads would tell you the latness if the year can be a pain in the hole. And in 2015, due to replay with Cork (1 game) championship went off for 3 months.

Easy sell in Cork, waterford, wexford, galway. Not so easy everywhere. Thats the challenge.

What funding have they used getting this off the ground?