The GPA

Bubbles would be some craic this week after getting his ethnicity recognised.

If they are throwing millions at an organisation of nebulous and obscure purpose, then they obviously have.

GAA people want everything for free, its a joke.

I did a 6 week program recently with a few GAA Clubs. Agreements made in advance with mentors/clubs etc. Johnny misses a session and his mother asks for 10 euro for that session back(paid up front for 6 sessions. Supervising parents (need one for each group) making comments about it being “expensive”. A girl got injured at a game after 2 weeks and parents came looking for the 40 euro back for last 4 sessions (so assuming the one they got for free was used :joy::joy::joy:).

I spoke to 12 clubs/counties this winter, even though you give them a cost every single one of them came back looking to for it cheaper and/or things like free programming as if it is something you can pull out of your ass.

Conversely the Hockey Club who i work for rang me before christmas to ask me did i want a cheque before christmas and they were wondering why they didn’t have an invoice yet.

Moral of the story: Proddy sports are the way to go.

3 Likes

I don’t think any of that has really anything to do with the GAA/CPA/GPA and fixtures though.

So you’d prefer they gave the players nothing? I mean I’m ok with that to an extent but it’ll be an odd sport when there’s no one playing it.

Everybody wants something for nothing in the GAA.

Why don’t you fuck off and stick to the Proddy sports so, if they are so fucking great. You’re just another carpetbagger trying to make a quick buck out of the GAA.

4 Likes

A quick buck?

Its very simple. I have a health & fitness business.
People come to me for professional services. Its pretty black & white. They come from badminton, hockey, tennis, rugby and just ordinary folk.

These are my experiences.

Like in coaching or when judging people or athletes or teams you look for habits and patterns. The pattern i see with alot of “gah” people is they want it all for free. The problem is they get too much for free so they expect more.

In other sports in Ireland you pay a hell of alot more for registration etc.

And i have fucked off. I have choosen to use my time for volunteering elsewhere. But these are experiences from a professiona POV, which is different.

3 Likes

People are still working off old mind sets where modern approaches to fitness & well being aren’t appreciated. I think these people are behind the curve.

2 types of people in the world.

Those who like to grow, and those who are scared shitless by growth.

2 Likes

its not known as the grab all association for nothing

2 Likes

The GAA is staffed by dinosaurs, physical training to them means running 55 laps of a gaa pitch

1 Like

Funny line from a Galway man. :smile:

:clap:

4 Likes

A Fired up Kerryman can be fiercely compelling.

Fairly poorly written and edited article really.

Your hatred of Kerry is funny.

Good article and covers all the points made on here about the new proposals. I wonder if the GPA were rudderless on this due to the changeover between Farrell and Earley/Early?

1 Like

They were rudderless because they’re dipshits. How many full time staff are in the GPA?

You need a lot of lads manning the phones though.

Tomas o shea: " lads, the car won’t shtart"
The GPA: “Did you leave the lights on tomas?”
“jaysus, I did”
“ring the aa tomas”
“sound lads I will”

8 Likes