The GPA

Its the way of the world @caoimhaoin,im sure when you were pricing construction jobs or buying your last car there was a bit of haggling?

That article was a load of shite.

1 Like

@caoimhaoin I’m sure the lads haggling most likely spent days and weeks and years building up a few pounds into the club account, and memories of standing at church gates while people sigh and tut at you while you’re there and others dodging you as you try to sell a few raffle tickets would make you look for the best possible value for money for the club.
I’d say you’re most likely out of touch with most clubs and the struggle to raise and mind money.

1 Like

Its not in other sports though. GAA and Soccer in Ireland are unbelievable.

And its not really overdone in other cultures either. There is a bit of tooing and frowing anywhere, but only the irish, jew and Italians go on like that, arguing every penny as if they were being robbed.

And the Proddy sports don’t do it???

Thats the thing with the GAA, they think hard work for the community is unique to them.

So you think i should lower the cost because they are out fund raising? Should i do less work for them as well? Should i leave parts of it out?

Typical GAA bullshit

What are you on about? I have great admiration for Tomas and Kerry football. Thats a shite article though.

bang on

all sports fund raise and have volunteers

You were posting up here a year ago that he was a roaring alcoholic.

8 Likes

Don’t hate the player hate the game

2 Likes

He was.

He was also a footballer.

I have you rattled.

David Collins is the new President of the GPA.

Some nice bile in the replies here

More here

Dermot Earley is addressing Wexford county board delegates tonight. I’m sure a great night will be had by all.

Is he getting around to bandying support against the upcoming Super 8 debate at Congress 2017?

1 Like

Dermot Earley would have made a great undertaker. He always speaks as if he was offering his condolences to a bereaved widow, I’d say his rousing pre-match speeches were spine-tingling.

7 Likes

That’s a lovely observation.

Brilliant observation but a minor point here regard tautology .

I don’t like tautology and people repeating themselves.

Did he address the 1st July cutoff date for us registration yet?