The GPA

Dessie Farrell once locked himself in a sugar pot. True story.

The point being, its still their choice, end of.
Nobody is comparing it to going down he field for a few pucks, but the lads down the field don’t get shit loads of gear, paid for holidays (in alot of cases), opportunituies to make extra cash from endorsements and general “Hero” status. They also get expenses.
I’m not going on about i’m great blaa blaa blaa, and i’m sure there are many here like me, but i worked out last year between phone calls, group texts (at a good cheap rate and 600 free a month) and petrol, being a coach for the year cost me very close to 2k, for being a “volunteer”. I couldn’t give a rattlers about it really, and wouldn’t ask for anything back or anything, because i’m starting to see results from my efforts, but these county players would want to get a grip. Basically its my choice to do all this, just like its theirs.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Are you a member WTB?

The sneering by the GPA at the club player is staggering. The club player just goes for a few pucks? News to alot of club players I know.[/QUOTE]

Are you going to answer this question WTB?

I respect my anonymity too much.

Fuck you dessie you cunt.

:rolleyes:

My first is in you, but not in canoe

Exactly. I know half our senior club team train just as hard as any county squad, without the expenses or the weekly free rub downs etc.

What are the the rest of ye at?

If you read the rest of this thread you would see this covered already. Kev respects the choice that some players make to put in more effort than others.

Exactly, once they are there tuesday, thursday and sunday nobody minds. Everything else is by choice.
I only play on our seconds these days, but i love training and still do 4-5 nights a week. But if it wasn’t GAA season or i retire it will be for triathlons or the like, because its my choice. I love training.

disgraceful comment…

That’s nice of kev. But what of the players for whom the level of effort is not a choice. Managers get sacked and players get dropped for not being up to scratch. Its a competitive environment, so its not a choice. We’re getting away from the core of the issue anyway, which is the establishment of a body dedicated entirely to player welfare. Its not as if the GAA isn’t in a position to dictate terms is it? The level of fear-mongering and the characterisation of the gpa as cartoon villians is exposing the organisation as needlessly conservative and terribly backward. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO AGREE WITH EVERYTHING THEY SAY. You merely have to ask if a player’s representative body can have a positive impact. I’m suggesting that for a range of reasons it can.

the gaa treats players like shit…always has, always will…the mess that is club fixtures in every county alone shows you that…

Of course a player welfare body can have a positive impact, nobody is denying that, but the only welfare the GPA are looking for is the welfare of their pockets. I think it was Ben O’Connor who summed it up nicely when he said “Pay for play is not on the agenda… at the moment”. Dessie made very similar comments on TV3 last year. The GPA isn’t a player welfare body, it is an Inter County player welfare body.

You’d swear players are having to tog out in ditches the way you are going on.

Thats another load of cock. Of course its a choice, do fellas come along and drag you out to the gym or down training at gun point because your good enough for the county team? Do they fuck, it is your choice, and this is real idiot stuff to suggest that guys are forced to train or play.

We’re not getting away from any issue’s, this is the main hub of it, county players thinking they are too special.

[quote=“The Runt”]Of course a player welfare body can have a positive impact, nobody is denying that, but the only welfare the GPA are looking for is the welfare of their pockets. I think it was Ben O’Connor who summed it up nicely when he said “Pay for play is not on the agenda… at the moment”. Dessie made very similar comments on TV3 last year. The GPA isn’t a player welfare body, it is an Inter County player welfare body.

You’d swear players are having to tog out in ditches the way you are going on.[/QUOTE]

Disgraceful dismissive attitude runty. Who do you think you are? Ian O’Doherty?

Club fixures are fine here in Kilkenny,the GPA will have to take what thier given as always,that could very well be nothing with a promise of something when the Govt and the GAA feel like giving in to them.Dessie was moaning lately that hes dealt with 5 presidents with no results,his powers of negotiation are abviously shit in that case,Donal Og and co. will surely be replacing him soon if they are to look at this confession of inability from the little bolix.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]
We’re not getting away from any issue’s, this is the main hub of it, county players thinking they are too special.[/QUOTE]

Ah, now I’ve got it

http://www.christinas-home-remedies.com/image-files/sore-throat-compress-lemon.jpg

:rolleyes:

and you said I was dismissive?

Ok so as WTB see’s it, all the club members are bitter towards the county players because of their success.

These are the same club members who travel the lenght and breath of the country to support them and have trained them since they were children. Get real.