The GPA

I’d be shocked if they had. But surely the GPA should have? If this isn’t player welfare, then what the fuck is?

Yes, this is exactly what the GPAs remit should be. In fact I would take issue with them paying for the surgery from their funds as it leaves the County Board off the hook to a certain extent.

1 Like

Is it up here somewhere?

Basic story:

• Honan’s hip was fucked from years of training with Clare
  • He finished playing with Clare and played a few club games after getting injections I think.
  • Was then told he’d need surgery on his hip.
  • Went to the County Board to see would they cover the cost of the operation as it happened with Clare.
  • They told him sling his hook, that it couldn’t have been too bad if he was able to play away with his club.
  • Eventually the GPA stepped in and covered some of the cost of the operation.

They didn’t pay the entirety of the costs. If they didn’t tackle the Clare CB, then why didn’t they? What stopped them?

1 Like

Is he not in the vhi

1 Like

they really are an awful greedy organisation with no consideration for players

2 Likes

By they/the county board you mean Pat Fitz.

The mans pettiness and ignorance has to be seen to be believed

Surely he could have just made an official approach in a corridor or at a wedding, funeral, or country fair like everyone else.

The incestuous relationships that they have with many of the stake holders now.

3 Likes

Ffs

Pittance to a decent business.

• Not a business
  • Already funded
  • Does fuck all for its members unless they’re addicts of some sort

I’m on about the platinum and gold sponsor slots available… The yanks would spend that on a average night out, not to mind this gala event.

Not anymore mate, times are tough in the States.

A few of the boys at the top are addicts alright - addicted to money.

On a completely unrelated point - is Dessie Farrell not involved with them any more?

Nope, Dessie got out while the going was good and no one could question the money trail and all the scholarships he gave to his mates. He’s now talking shite for a living.

It’ll all come out in the wash about the GPA in time, I hope.

Mind you if mugs are willing to fork out $50k a pop to them maybe it’s the rest in the GAA who are the real fools…