The GPA

Headshot for the poor unfortunate intercounty player here from James Horan cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

For those of you who would rather not click the link (CC @mac) this is the bones of it

"There’s an awful lot made out of how much intercounty players have to do and the amount of training the amount of effort they put in and blah blah blah…

"Amateur athletes, young swimmers that are swimming at 6 o’clock in the morning, four times a week. There’s an awful lot of sportsmen at an amateur level that are doing way more than gaelic footballers."

Horan claims we make too much of this commitment issue.

Players love the game, they love challenging themselves and trying to improve themselves and they are constantly looking forward to their future aims and goals.

"I think we do. My young girl at swimming, (for example), before I came up to Dublin today I dropped her in at half six into Castlebar swimming pool. They’re doing that so there’s all that kind of stuff too.

"So when you weigh it up players love what they’re doing. It’s not a chore as some people have people believe. They love going in to Gaelic Park or wherever it is and playing the game that they’re really good at and want to improve at and they can’t wait for the summer."

3 Likes

GAA players are full of nonsense.

2 Likes

Scale of Amateur athletes in Ireland =

James Horan’s 16 year old daughter

Etc

Intercounty Footballers

1 Like

Follow the money

Lovely to watch this Colton cunt tie himself and Earley up in knots.

:rollseyes:

Tough break having to go back to work

1 Like

Didn’t like the way it was going I heard

He’s the CEO. Surely he decided the way it was going

He’s a patsy

Nah sure everything is voted in is it not?

Democracy is not everything it’s cracked up to be.

And him being an army man and all

Any inside track on this.
Thoul army must be the mother of all troughs if he desnouted from the GPA.
I’d take a PM?

I think @Nembo_Kid brilliantly likened dermot’s demeanour to a rural undertaker . I must say dermot always struck me as a decent bloke .

3 Likes

Earley is a thoroughly decent bloke. Some other employees of the GPA, though, would fill an entire heat of COTY.

1 Like

Mrs Hickey will do a fine job as interim boss.

A safe pair of hands

Until he falls over on his hole

Theres no cushier and well paid number than an army officer

1 Like

I’m sure it’s no coincidence that Earley stepped away after going on the all star, compromise rules and Fenway classic junkets.

Supposed to be thick. Living off his auld mans reputation.

4 Likes

Does anyone know if the GPA have commented on Darach Honan’s article yet?

Have Clare county board commented on it yet?