The GPA

Dessie’s partner in this venture is Siobhan Earley according to the Compete With Compassion website. She was also with the GPA in various roles since 2003. Is she related to Dermot Earley?

What has that to do with anything?

The people involved there are very removed from regular gaa club officers.

and I am meh about the CPA. Maybe I am biased as some of my suggestions fell on deaf ears, but maybe they are privately playing a long game.

The band aids are getting more regular and more useless. So maybe they will become more powerful in time.

But they represent disgruntled gaa players. I would suggest most officerships of clubs are very much Croke Park men.

And therein lies the major issue in gaa

No relation.

1 Like

I’d have plenty of time for Dessie. He was a great player for Dublin and we wouldn’t have won the 1995 All Ireland without him. He was our best forward on a bad team for a number of years after that and often played through injury in that time. He is the most successful underage manager we have ever had and has played a large part in developing a lot of the current panel. He also did the state some service by making a cunt of @Fagan_ODowd in a Senior Football League match

The GPA thing did run out of control under his watch though. However I think it started out as a noble enough aspiration. Players in a lot of counties were being treated like shit by County Boards and something needed to be done. It has definitely gone too far the other way now though and has become vulgar and uneccessary.

1 Like

I have plenty of direct experience of county boards still at it.

GPA doing nothing

Cunts in the gpa and gga shaming themselves re drug testing

A shambles of an organisation. Their members are on the breadline having not got their grants, but all those cunts care about is their next big dinner in NY.

1 Like

What grants?

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/05/31/laois-gaa-players-having-expenses-withheld-as-sport-ireland-want-to-test-players-in-their-homes-a/

Right.

What is the baseline across irish sports for testing at home?

They are amateurs.

They need to be paid for an organisation being so invasive

What a crock of horseshit.

They’ll be paid once they agree to the new terms.

1 Like

Fair enough, knock the grants on the head though .we are either compliant with the world anti doping code or we are not

Does world anti doping apply to amateur hobbies?

You think drug cheats should be remunerated by the state?

Did I say that?

I guess it applies to all funded sports and hobbies

Yes

1 Like

That’s a good way to look at it mate, cheers