The great PJ McManus

Did Joe treat his Sunday Game and independent income in the most tax efficient manner available to him? Fucking sure he did.

1 Like

I listened to a few of Joeā€™s pods lately. A real mixed bag. If he may shut up and let the guests speak when he has them on it would improve things.

He had Michael Lewis on a while back which is a phenomenal get for a pod his size, and he kept interrupting him with

ā€œThat reminds me of a story about silly Billy McCloskey, and the time he went to Limavady clubhouse and made a smart quip much to the chargrin of Scowly Oā€™Neill a hard IRA vet. In a story that Iā€™ve rehashed so many times it bears little semblance of the truth.ā€

Those auld yarns are grand when heā€™s the star of the show, but thereā€™s no need for it when he has an interesting guest on.

Himself and Roddy Collins had a whoā€™s made up stories are the best contest a few weeks ago. Two lads shouting over each other in the pub

4 Likes

Joe will will make a great President.

The inconvenient truth doesnā€™t suit the Limerickā€™s agenda.

He can do what he likes do cant he? Sure he could stop with all the charity stuff and nobody could do anything.

O Leary pays his taxes and heā€™s hated country wide.

At the end of the day he can do what he likes.

Itā€™s the law of the land thatā€™s the issue, not JP. Youā€™d think a barrister would know that.

To bring your principled stand or inconvenient truth in your language to its logical conclusion, I would have to assume you or any of your family would have no truck with using Milford Hospice or the facilities of UHL as large chunks of its funding/buildings respectively have been funded by a tax dodger.

1 Like

Some men to circle sulkies

Joe has the @limericks frothing at the mouth.

2 Likes

Are Brollys tax affairs in order on both sides of the border?? heā€™d want to watch his mouth

And the @westlimericks

Yes i have unfortunately seen too much of UHL over the years.

But the eulogising over PJ is an absolute joke. Is the 32m for the clubs and all the hospital donations even his own money? It comes from the Foundation which is bankrolled by the Golf Classic that ordinary punters paid to attend if Iā€™m not mistaken and many other people donated large sums to without any ask for limelight.

He organised it so fair play but this holier than thou perception is tiresome at this stage.

UHL is a kip no? There was a shocking story on the news recently of a poor man being left in a terrible state, so much so that his family smuggled him out to a private hospital in his pyjamas.

64m now isnā€™t it, given he did the same after '18.

Youā€™d prefer it came from Benson and hedges or Guinness I suppose? Or prefer he not give it at all?

Teneo arenā€™t short a few quid and no doubt fantastic accounting advice. When are they stumping up for everyone beyond tipp?

It was ā‚¬3.2m in 2018.

The money involved is from the Golf Classic and came from the general public/other wealthy donors who contributed in good faith for community/charitable projects.

But PJ likes to take all the credit as this Robin Hood character.

JP is the best of us. A great Irish manā€¦ It eats a few bitter people up.

4 Likes

Sorry, youā€™re correct

Heā€™s yesterdayā€™s man since Joanne Cantwell got him fired. He isnā€™t over it yet.

[quote=ā€œpeddlerscross, post:2018, topic:26716, full:trueā€]
Yes i have unfortunately seen too much of UHL over the years.

But the eulogising over PJ is an absolute joke. Is the 32m for the clubs and all the hospital donations even his own money? It comes from the Foundation which is bankrolled by the Golf Classic that ordinary punters paid to attend if Iā€™m not mistaken and many other people donated large sums to without any ask for limelight.

He organised it so fair play but this holier than thou perception is tiresome at this stage.

Have you contacted the county board and asked them to send it back or maybe possibly divert it to someone in Tipp who can help ye get over the racism issues ye seem to have

1 Like

One swallow doesnt make a summer.

Was the money from PJ or from the foundation though? I certainly believe it was a personal donation