The great PJ McManus

Not a centre of excellence really is it? Few nice pitches is all

Centre of mediocrity more like, wha wha?

2 Likes

As a matter of interest, what is Jerry Wallis at these days?

@ciarancareyshurlingarmy played a not insignificant role.
The cunt.

Cork minor camogie manager the last I heard

1 Like

You are nearly better off some times with young fellas who have to work hard to make it. They have the work ethic. When it comes easy they may be less inclined to improve. Obviously you have the likes of lynch who is a superstar from birth, but he works at it too. That’s the ideal scenario but there’s a handful of them lads around.
I saw one of those stupid interview things in the lead up where they ask who is the biggest joker in the squad etc. But one interesting thing is Kiely said Gillane was the first on the field at training. Obviously a lad working hard to improve still. Or maybe a lad with a point to prove to management. Either way.

2 Likes

A “centre of excellence” is the ultimate buzzword, it doesn’t actually mean anything.

The place in Mallow performs exactly the same function as Rathkeale as far as I can see.

1 Like

They stand as a monument to delegates’ longevity

1 Like

A few Vince Lombardi quotes on the wall and a vending machine full of healthy snacks and job is oxo

4 Likes

I couldn’t understand why he had regressed at 21 level when he had been a brilliant minor. Arguably the best forward on that 2013/14 minor team. His ability to field high ball in the half forward line back then was supreme. And yet went from that to only being a sub for the 21s.

Iv never seen rathkeale so I don’t know. I would assume a COE would have a massive gym etc for the sole use of the development teams etc etc … There is a public gym on the mallow complex which I’m not sure is even open anymore

Mallow is the exact same as the day it was opened it was state of the art then…not so much anymore really. It should be a municipal facility. It was built out of a land swap and the old grounds was never built on after…there is another massive multi use sports complex being planned for that site in near term

It doesn’t sit well with a lot Limerick folk that it’s a Clare man in kinnerk who’s the brains behind the operation.

Kiely is fairly clueless and without jp paying kinnerk the big bucks to stay put he’d struggle to win a game without him.

And you giving out about attention seeking…

God help us

This isn’t hoganstand. Try a bit harder if you can.

5 Likes

He needed a sit down after that

1 Like

And let’s not forget it was a cork man and then a Clare man who ran their academy for them in Jerry Wallace and then the great Anthony Daly.

Without jps blank cheques these things wouldn’t have happened.

So ye’re for sale. :rofl:

Ye all took the hundred grand.

3 Likes

That’s about five replies you’ve posted to me in less than ten minutes and every one of them is gibberish.

Can you at least try and make sense?

Go shit in your hat you bitter cunt.

Is that sense enough for you?

1 Like

Nope I’ve no idea what you are on about.