The great PJ McManus

Get out and earn billions and you can live that dream too

I’d say Chuck was paying his US taxes and not living the billionaire lifestyle. I just find the narrative that he’s some absolute fucking saint because he’s set up a charity in his own name and promotes the fuck out of that (look what I did) a bit bothersome in the context of him being a big tax dodger.

1 Like

The klaxon has been sounded @Fagan_ODowd

3 Likes

You’re sounding your own there!

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Jesus, I’ve not met any who think he’s that

Is say he did. Paid exactly what he needed as per law.
He then also made huge charitable donations which helped us, a foreign country, immensely.

He also skirted import duty rules, money that ordinarily would have been going through the domestic tax coffers of his home nation and every other nation around the world. Power to him.

We’ve set ourselves up in the eye of the commerce world as crafty on taxes so as to make it attractive to the big MNC’s like Apple. That’s ok for a foreign US company but not ok if one our own do it?

Dublin castle, 800 years etc indeed @briantinnion

The Big House peasants are circling.

8 Likes

The Americans have a similar system to us if they have a tax treaty with the country. For example if the money they make is in ireland than no tax to be paid in the US, but if its made in Argentina then tax is due in Argentina and the US.

The cap doffers and forelock tuggers are up and about good and early.

10 Likes

Fact he’s not doffing the hat and tugging the forelock seems to have a few irked by it.

The Big House feels threatened by the new Big House it would seem.

The lads with the hurls with barbed wire wrapped around them circled quickly on Tinnion here

The Thady O Tooles.

1 Like

JP is the best of us…

How many kids got to go to college thanks to his kindness?

3 Likes

I’d wonder will the new road to Cork happen if Limerick has no minister again.

Shur Dublin did that with the ballymun lads years ago

What a man!

10 Likes

Time to build him a statue.

3 Likes

A special email address set up to accept the plaudits - what a man! Hail JP

15 Likes

A very special man.