The Green shit Party - Backtracking to get things done- now incorporating waste of monies by FG

What if they cut off our imports?

We are currently leaving it to UK capitalists. Would give us options at least. Or God forbid we could exploit our own Gas supplies. But you wouldn’t be a fan of that either

1 Like

Yes, why not just have a back up in place in the interim before our energy system is transformed with renewables and nuclear.

Digging for fossil fuels goes against all our climate committments

But we have no issue bringing in a ship to hold gas from other countries that have done it?

Importing nuclear from our EU partners makes more sense security wise than importing energy from the US mate.

Demanding we import fracked gas then saying importing energy is risky isnt a good argument

Or we could you know. Build our own Nuclear

1 Like

Will we need Gas for the transition?

Where?

Anywhere. Why not. Why is it okay to use French Nuclear if you won’t live beside it?

How quickly do you think we could start extracting energy from new gas fields

I have no issue with nuclear but in a country where it takes 5 years to build a bike lane , it would take 20 plus to build a nuclear plant

So you are happy to have a nuclear plant in Limerick

How quickly do you think we can build a back up sufficient to take the load when solar and wind can’t meet demand? We currently use diesel generators

2026 is the completion date

There’s a pile of red dust out the road from me in Aughinish that I would be far more worried about than a Nuclear power plant.

The cement factory in Mungret is going to burn old tires for energy.

I’d be happier beside a Nuclear plant.

They have an exceptional safety record and it’s vastly improved since Chernobyl etc which was a run down soviet mess.

The Fukushima thing was a natural disaster. We don’t get them. Ireland is perfect for Nuclear

2 Likes

I dont think a lot of people in limerick would share your views.

So we won’t need Gas, Diesel, Coal etc after 2026? What’s going to be the back up?

I’m sure they wouldn’t but very few would share your views either. The people in Ballylongford were campaigning for that LNG terminal to go ahead

1 Like

Nuclear, but please answwr the question you avoided

French Nuclear? What happens if they have a crisis and cut us off to preserve their own network?

“We want the jobs the comet will bring”

2 Likes