The Green shit Party - Backtracking to get things done- now incorporating waste of monies by FG

I don’t support any political party. Modern politics has failed.

Yes, cant wait either the irish sea farms will be built in 26 but would be a lot quicker if it wasnt for ABP

In regards to 1k for your bill, you need to give your head a wobble mate, pay equal installments every month rather than this nonsense, it suggests to me you have poor control of your finances and also you havent taken the quick and cheap wins regarding insulation

Wolves would all be shot if they were reintroduced in Ireland, says Green Minister

Ms Hackett adds that if the country gets its land-use policy right there could be areas where lynx or wolves could be introduced. She also notes that domestic dogs are a large killer of sheep in Ireland but “we’re happy enough to have our dogs”.

A “rapid” political ascent.

Maybe our local enthusiast might put up her result in election ‘20 to show us what seat she won.

1 Like

A political dynasty. Her husband was co-opted to take her seat on Offaly County Council.

we need to catch up with the rest of europe

1 Like

Why do we need wolves, pal?

It’s pigs we need. Wolves blow down houses

5 Likes

Agreed.

the sitka deers are out of control

lynx are probably a more acceptable option though as rural oireland are afraid of big bad wolves

i was skeptical a lynx could take out a deer.

hes a hardy bucko alright. a fair kick to the yaw didnt deter him from sinking in the full nelson

Didnt you see the tiktok about yellowstone?

The Lynx effect doesn’t last forever

1 Like

Following this thinking through, 1 deer would obviously feed a fair few fucking lynx.

Given the overpopulation of deer are we then looking at a potential overpopulation of lynx when they’ve ploughed through them and, if that is the case, what next is on their menu?

Or, is deer high on the lynx menu or is it more out of necessity in other environs where mammals like rabbits, stoats, pine martens etc are less abundant? Will they actually go after the deer if there’s a smorgasbord of smaller, easier to kill prey?

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy please fill in the blanks here.

lynx to deer is what pine martens are to grey squirrels

Could reintroducing the lynx solve Ireland’s sika deer problem? – The Irish Times

I read the Irish times article.prior.to.posting. it’s scant on detail.

Where would the report cited be found? Genuinely interested. Passing interest only but interested nonetheless

Obv Scandic and French Alps environments very different to ours so trying to see how they’ve figured applicability

just to confirm that I didnt actually write the report yet Im happy to be seen as the expert on the subject

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/gcb.16236

2 Likes

We’ve had deer on our estate, coming right up the driveway on occasion

1 Like

Where can I buy a few ravenous lynx?

anyone know what game changing means?

Niall Sargent :male_detective: on X: “A game-changing deep retrofit loan scheme is coming in 2024. Documents released to @thecurrency under #AIE reveal why it is badly needed – and how it will work. Read below: https://t.co/bpTAaf6OjB” / X (twitter.com)