The Green shit Party - Backtracking to get things done- now incorporating waste of monies by FG

Wow. Ok! That’s good.

1 Like

Youre Welcome Maui GIF

What have you done now?

advocated

@LionelRitchie educated thou

I couldnt have done it without either of ye

now kiss GIF

Theres a serious level of EU legislation on this now. For all products not just consumer level.

Rather than deposit return schemes and fucking caps you cant take or paper straws this will make a difference in 10 years

Take It Slow Tv Land GIF by YoungerTV

1 Like

I had mentioned and hoped the DRS would.lead to less people actually drinking soft drinks. Has come to pass. A major plus from the scheme youd have to say

4 Likes

I switched to bottles of beer instead of cans. Fucking nuisance to go to the bottle bank every few weeks but better than wandering over to a broken machine with a black sack full of week old beer cans like some cunt

2 Likes

Youd wonder will microbreweries see that consumer trend and start bottling? I much prefer any beverage out of a bottle but presume it more costly than canning. Perhaps the deposit return scheme impacts that

1 Like

Beer stays fresher and purer in the bottle.
Also tastes much better.

Canned beer is sh1te…

1 Like

Ya but was easy to just crush em and put them in the recycling bin and save the bottle bank hassle.
Something something progress

1 Like

You can still do that.

Most of them shifted from bottles to cans in recent years. Was it brexit related maybe?

Id imagine transport plays some role too. Cans 330ml and squat, can fit more on a pallet/truck making transport cheaper per unit.

But if they now have to contend with added measuring and taxes,.might be incentive to switch

Switch to gin and tonics mate. You’ll not need the bottle bank as much and will lose half your gut as well. Savage unintended consequences!

1 Like

Id say capri sun and ribena sales are up. Ive swapped to them when gasping at the shop fridge

Jaysus. Really? Capri sun? I wouldnt let the dog drink it…

3 Likes

Youre cool with ribena tho, right?!