The Green shit Party - Backtracking to get things done- now incorporating waste of monies by FG

You can be sure it was a close relative

2 Likes

Government and OPW can feel a little hard done by with the criticism, you could fit more than 18 bikes in there.

You have to admire the chutzpah really.

1 Like

I can’t believe this could have happened on Patrick O’Donovans watch

5 Likes

My mate works in a multi national in Raheen.He sent me a price that a contractor had given to basically lift the grass and about 6 inches of topsoil and put down a bit of blinding for a beehive to sit on.It was about 8 ft square.One man and a wheelbarrow might knock the day out of it.8k plus vat they wanted…And got.

If you don’t ask, you don’t get.

1 Like

You could hang baskets off it and grow lettuce for the homeless.
Minister Ryan cannot keep a straight face at the absurdity of he being asked questions on it.

A mate of mine worked on a job putting in air conditioning and ducting on a government building. He said his boss was like an antichrist over it as he heard what the other contractors had tendered. He was €140k below the next tender.

1 Like

Not even a proper bike shed. You’d hardly be able to smoke a fag there.

1 Like

Absolutely indefensible
Total waste

Or an oul shift

1 Like

Stop voting FG then mate

I’d well believe it.

Tenders cost the state a fortune. They are a pain in the fucking hole to enter so everyone jacks up their price.

Guys there’s going to be a review. I’d imagine this could be the last we’ll see of wastage when it comes to our money

3 Likes

I’m not sure if the opw can do this properly. Too many backs to be covered. I think we need to appoint one or two, possibly three retired high court judges to investigate this properly. It would help if they were knowledgeable about the workings of government too so maybe those that frequent ffg golf days and nights out maybe.

A cantilever design is fierce complex.
They’ll need a lot of outsourced expensive experts on the payroll.

This is not going to end well.

“Whoever built that has basically stolen 300k off the taxpayers”.
I wasn’t far off the mark.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Larkinengineer/status/1830930238710087736