The guess the pub thread

Some size of a parish in fairness. Lackamore is real back of beyond stuff.

1 Like

Thanks very much. Was never in that part of the world, really.

Thanks very much. Always good to know these coordinates.

I erroneously linked Birdhill to Kilruane because someone once said to me that Dinny Cahill lived around Birdhill, which led me erroneously to think…

Was in Ballina and Killaloe a couple of times. Nice spot.

1 Like

Cheers.

A restaurant in truth. #notarealpub

1 Like

Birdhill is Newport GAA. Dinny Cahill lives in Cloughjordan id say, well he’s from there anyway. Possible mix up with little Dinny Ryan of Coopers pub in Birdhill?

Is that the Dinny Ryan who scored the goal in 1971 AIF?

Recently got this fine tome in a Tipperary GAA lot at auction – but have not had time to go through it as yet. Otherwise would have known better…

No, that Dinny was Kilcommon, near Rearcross. Hurled for Sean Treacys. Dinny Ryan Cooper was a peripheral figure on Babs panel late 80s, early 90s. Came on HT sub in '90 v Cork

3 Likes

Both known as “Little Dinny”

2 Likes

Dinny from Kilcommon was notorious as a hurler.

Son played for Nenagh in the last 20 years.

2 Likes

Was a highly useful lot. The Hurling in the Shadows book is particularly hard to find.

4 Likes

Paul. Won minor AI in '96

1 Like

Dinny Ryan Cooper was Newport? Vaguely remember the name.

1 Like

Thanks again. Great to get these snippets.

1 Like

Dinny had trained a plethora of teams in north Tipp, east Clare and east limerick over the last two decades. A nice man

1 Like

We have it here too.

It’s an update of the 1984 edition.

He was manager of UL camogie for a number of years. Not sure if he still there.

He was my favourite club hurler growing up.

Yes. Small fella. Corner forward. Would unleash serious damage on the fields of North Tipperary. A little wizard.

Paul’s sister is married to my neighbour. We drank pints with him a few times when they started courting. They’re originally Templederry from what I recall and he transferred over to Nenagh.

Made a few senior appearances I think in early 2000s?